E8XXX rev.E0 vs E8XXX rev.C0

What new is available in rev.E0 that is missing in rev.C0? Is it much better
to pay extra $?

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "007" typed:
> What new is available in rev.E0 that is missing in rev.C0? Is it much
> better to pay extra $?

The scuttlebutt is that the E0 stepping clocks significantly higher.
However, I haven't seen any reviews to back it up yet as I believe the parts
are still quire rare?
--
Shaun.

Augustus

"007" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5Xknk.16685$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What new is available in rev.E0 that is missing in rev.C0? Is it much
> better to pay extra $?

http://www.futuremark.com/news/53804...cessor_review/

For what it's worth, my air cooled E8400 C0 unit runs 24/7 at 3.8Ghz with
just the FSB set to 422 and zero other BIOS mods on a Gigabyte EP35 DSR3
board with 2x2Gig OCZ Platinum PC6400. Although I don't usually run it at
4.0Ghz (445FSB) I have let the unit run for over 24Hrs at this speed
(445FSB) on Orthos on 100% stock voltage and timings without a single error
or hitch.