Easy one 1551 amd k6-2

Alpigo

hello,

There are three jumpers on the mainboard of this laptop.
Can anyone tell me what they are ? S1 S2 and S3.
The problem I have is that the laptop is running at 450 MHz while the
mounted CPU is a 550 MHz one.

Thx a lot

metronid

On Sep 1, 1:09*pm, Alpigo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hello,
>
> There are three jumpers on the mainboard of this laptop.
> Can anyone tell me what they are ? S1 S2 and S3.
> The problem I have is that the laptop is running at 450 MHz while the
> mounted CPU is a 550 MHz one.
>
> Thx a lot

So you need to kick your bus up from 75MHZ to 100 at 6x
multiplication.
Did you run Sandra Sisoft to see what the bus speed is and the core
voltage.

I am assuming that this motherboard has not been screwed with .
I believe the core is designed to work on 2.0 volts but will also run
on 2.1

I am assuming since it is 450 it is running 75 at 6x
I am just thinking the switches are at 6x and maybe the proper
voltage.

You did explore the bios and look for a option to change bus speed.
If it is an award bios it has a great chance of just being the bus
setting in the
bios.

I am currently looking at the switches on othe MB's and seeing how
they look.

If it is in the switches I doubt there is a setting for more than 6X
I also doubt you will get more than 2.2 volts
The bus and multiplier settings are usually 2 switch involvement.

I do not see where you can go wrong but you will have to
run sandra each time or look at the cpu number on boot.
You could experiment with a very small degree of danger

metronid

On Sep 17, 10:25*pm, metronid <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 1, 1:09*pm, Alpigo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > hello,

> > There are three jumpers on the mainboard of this laptop.
> > Can anyone tell me what they are ? S1 S2 and S3.
> > The problem I have is that the laptop is running at 450 MHz while the
> > mounted CPU is a 550 MHz one.

> > Thx a lot

> So you need to kick your bus up from 75MHZ to 100 at 6x
> multiplication.
> Did you run Sandra Sisoft to see what the bus speed is and the core
> voltage.
>
> I am assuming that this motherboard has not been screwed with .
> I believe the core is designed to work on 2.0 volts but will also run
> on 2.1
>
> I am assuming since it is 450 it is running 75 at 6x
> I am just thinking the switches are at 6x and maybe the proper
> voltage.
>
> You did explore the bios and look for a option to change bus speed.
> If it is an award bios it has a great chance of just being the bus
> setting in the
> bios.
>
> I am currently looking at the switches on othe MB's and seeing how
> they look.
>
> If it is in the switches I doubt there is a setting for more than 6X
> I also doubt you will get more than 2.2 volts
> The bus and multiplier settings are usually 2 switch involvement.
>
> I do not see where you can go wrong but you will have to
> run sandra each time or look at the cpu number on boot.
> You could experiment with a very small degree of danger

Also you will not get that much more running 500 vs 450
It is not like 550/450==22% increase
Does not happen that way.

Nike air force one, air force 1, air force one low cut, air force one mikajems Apple 0 10-05-2008 06:41 PM
easy one? rbig Gateway 1 03-03-2006 11:28 PM
Question about Uprgading ram on an Easy One 1550 Doctor_Trout Packard Bell 4 07-08-2004 11:40 AM
An easy one... Cliffz0rz MSI 3 05-01-2004 07:40 AM
Contemporary developments, one relating to hardware, one to software and one relating to services. nicole n Hardware 1 11-07-2003 03:39 PM