ECS 945P-A and Corsair 5400C4PRO Memory

diskman50@hotmail.com

I have an ECS 945P-A mb with the latest bios, an Intel 830D processor
and a matched pair of Corsair (1GB, 512x2) 5400C4Pro DDR2 memory
capable of running at 667Mhz. I've tried a number of BIOS setting but
cannot get the memory clock greater then 533Mhz. The support people at
ECS have the obvious responses such as load the performance defaults,
etc. Has anyone had success getting this mb to run the memory at
667Mhz? EVEREST diagnostics show the memory clock running at 265Mhz
(2x265 = 533) and the dimms capable of running at 333Mhz (2x333=667).
Attempts at overclocking ususally causes the computer to hang at power
up time. Any suggections would be appreciated.

diskman50@hotmail.com

Just wanted to update this post. I removed the Corsair memory and
installed 2GB of Patriot DDR2-667Mhz dimms and it ran at 667Mhz right
out of the box. The Patriot part number is PSD22G667K. The 2GB of
Patriot memory was the same price as 1GB of Corsair memory.