ECS Elitegroup Computer L4VXA2 and Memory

Chuck

Hello, everyone.

I currently have an ECS Elitegroup Computer L4VXA2 systemboard with
1GB memory (2x512MB pc2700 chips) on my system. I'm wanting to
upgrade my memory to 2GB for now, until I get the money to totally
rebuild my system. Does anyone know whether I can install high
density memory chips on this type of systemboard, or do I have to
stick to low density memory chips?

a1eah71@verizon.net

On Mar 3, 12:09*am, Chuck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> I currently have an ECS Elitegroup Computer L4VXA2 systemboard with
> 1GB memory (2x512MB pc2700 chips) on my system. *I'm wanting to
> upgrade my memory to 2GB for now, until I get the money to totally
> rebuild my system. *Does anyone know whether I can install high
> density memory chips on this type of systemboard, or do I have to
> stick to low density memory chips?

Try the following link for the manual of the L4VXA2.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Dow...nuID=6&LanID=0

Paul

Chuck wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> I currently have an ECS Elitegroup Computer L4VXA2 systemboard with
> 1GB memory (2x512MB pc2700 chips) on my system. I'm wanting to
> upgrade my memory to 2GB for now, until I get the money to totally
> rebuild my system. Does anyone know whether I can install high
> density memory chips on this type of systemboard, or do I have to
> stick to low density memory chips?

Crucial seems to think there are a number of different options.
http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...x?model=L4VXA2

If you buy proper branded RAM, it is more likely to be
interchangeable between different computers. And also easier
to sell, with a clear conscience later.

I would not buy those 1GB DDR sticks from Ebay, as the high
density RAM cannot be used on Intel chipsets. If you resell
the Ebay RAM later, don't forget to list the "restricted chipset"
list in your advertisement. So-called reputable Ebay sellers
include that list, as a warning that the RAM is not universally
compatible. DIMMs made with 64Mx8 chips are more likely to
work on all motherboards, than the DIMMs made with 128Mx4 chips.

I have two computers here with 2x512MB and so far, have
resisted the urge to upgrade. Check in Task Manager, and
see if you are really running short of memory. An upgrade
might not be necessary, and you can save the money and use
it to buy your next computer. Since DDR2 memory is cheaper
than DDR, you'll be able to get a greater quantity of
memory with your next computer.

Paul