ECS K7S5A REV: 5.0 Speed problem

scottandadrianna@yahoo.com

Hello all,
I have a 2.4 (AMD Athlon) processor in my PC, well it's been running
slow so I looked at the settings in the control panel, and saw that it
said it was only running at 1.49. When I first got the PC (my old man
built it), it had this problem, so at that time I went into the
settings during boot, went the the speed configurations settings and
changed the speed. Now last night I couldn't remember exactly what I
changed it to, I thought ot was 166/133. Well I changed to to that
(from 100/100), now the PC will power up, but I don't hear the "beep" I
normally hear when when it starts up, there are no lights/activity on
my keyboard, or mouse, and the monitor just displays a "test" message.
My two disk CD drive bays will open & close. The motherboard is a ECS
Elitegroup K7S5A PRO REV:5.0. Of course, I no longer have the owners
manual. I am running XP Pro. Last night I unplugged the PC from the
wall and removed the battery for about an hour, hopping this might have
reset the system, it didn't. Any words of wisdom?

Buffalo

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello all,
> I have a 2.4 (AMD Athlon) processor in my PC, well it's been running
> slow so I looked at the settings in the control panel, and saw that it
> said it was only running at 1.49. When I first got the PC (my old man
> built it), it had this problem, so at that time I went into the
> settings during boot, went the the speed configurations settings and
> changed the speed. Now last night I couldn't remember exactly what I
> changed it to, I thought ot was 166/133. Well I changed to to that
> (from 100/100), now the PC will power up, but I don't hear the "beep" I
> normally hear when when it starts up, there are no lights/activity on
> my keyboard, or mouse, and the monitor just displays a "test" message.
> My two disk CD drive bays will open & close. The motherboard is a ECS
> Elitegroup K7S5A PRO REV:5.0. Of course, I no longer have the owners
> manual. I am running XP Pro. Last night I unplugged the PC from the
> wall and removed the battery for about an hour, hopping this might have
> reset the system, it didn't. Any words of wisdom?

You can download the manual from ECS.
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloa...uID=35&LanID=0
In the manual, it says that if you manually set the wrong speed and the system
won't run properly, press the Page Up key while the system is booting and a
default setting will replace the incorrect CPU setting.
The recommended setting for your PC would be 133/133.
Did you try using the Clear CMOS jumper?
It is on the JP4 and you jumper 1-2 to clear and 2-3 is Normal.

Buffalo

news(E-Mail Removed)...

> <>
> You can download the manual from ECS.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloa...uID=35&LanID=0
> In the manual, it says that if you manually set the wrong speed and the system
> won't run properly, press the Page Up key while the system is booting and a
> default setting will replace the incorrect CPU setting.
> The recommended setting for your PC would be 133/133.
> Did you try using the Clear CMOS jumper?
> It is on the JP4 and you jumper 1-2 to clear and 2-3 is Normal.

Sorry, you MB has the Clear CMOS jumper on JP1, not JP4.
However, 1-2 is still to clear, and 2-3 is Normal.
I just dl'd your manual, and you should do the same.

scottandadrianna@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!!!