Elite PF21 Extreme Motherboard

Alasdair Baxter

I have just built a system using an Elite PF21 Extreme Motherboard, one of
Elite's high end products. I am using it with an Intel Pentium 4 processor
running at 3.2 GHz.

With this setup, I have an 80Gb Maxtor HDD and a Samsung DVD Reader/Writer
drive and a 1Gb stick of DDR2 memory. I also have a FDD.

When I put all this together and tried to power up the machine and install
Windows 2000 operating system, my first disappointment was that the
motherboard couldn't detect the DVD drive and so it was impossible to
partition and format the HDD, let alone install the operating system. I had
the HDD as the master on IDE0 and the DVD as the master on IDE1.

I'm just tearing my hair out as I cannot think of anything else to do.

It's a high end motherboard and all the other bits are high quality. Please
some learned friend, tell me why it doesn't work?

--
Alasdair.

tcsenter

Standard troubleshooting procedure:

- recheck drive jumpers
- recheck cable connections and orientation
- recheck drive and controller settings in BIOS/CMOS Setup
- test with different drive cable
- test with different optical drive
- check for BIOS update
- contact ECS Technical Support