Emachines 6805/6807

Anjonez

Dilemma. I want one of these machines, but I'm a big stickler about speaker
quality. Does any1 have either of these laptops, and fill us in if the audio
quality is sufficient? I'm torn between this laptop, and a Toshiba p25 (love
their audio)... does the emachines use any special type of sound chip? or is
their audio the same tinny quality as every1 elses?

Lisa Horton

Anjonez wrote:

> Dilemma. I want one of these machines, but I'm a big stickler about speaker
> quality. Does any1 have either of these laptops, and fill us in if the audio
> quality is sufficient? I'm torn between this laptop, and a Toshiba p25 (love
> their audio)... does the emachines use any special type of sound chip? or is
> their audio the same tinny quality as every1 elses?

I haven't compared sound on many laptops, it wasn't a priority for me,
but I do have an M6805. The one thing that I actually don't care for on
this model is that the speakers are on the front of the laptop (below
your wrists) pointing slightly downwards. If that part of the machine
is on a table, the sound will reflect up and sound pretty good, but if
not, the sound is kind of distant and echo-y. The sound out of the
headphone port, through good speakers, is excellent.

Lisa

Help! - Need Bios Flash for Emachines S1940 (FIC AM37L) Jerry FIC 4 03-15-2006 07:25 AM
eMachines T3256 ? Tim923 Compaq 0 11-18-2004 02:35 AM
K7VMM2 used in Emachines - bad flash John@Smith.com ECS 0 09-26-2004 02:50 PM
budget computer: emachines T3085 vs. compaq SR1030NX nick ring Compaq 17 06-05-2004 06:50 PM
Cheap eMachines work well for us Tien Dell 61 01-01-2004 07:37 PM