eMachines 6807 laptop dvd drive

tibbs

I just got the eMachines 6807 last week and am a bit confused. I was under
the impression that the dvd/cd drive would be able to read, write and
rewrite on dvd + r ,dvd+rw,dvd-r and dvd-rw. My drive only allows me to
write and rewrite on dvd -r and dvd -rw. Did I read the specs wrong or is my
drive actually supposed to also support this technology?
Thanks for any info!

David Chien

Should do both if the drive is labeled such. Try a different disc - DVD
drives tend to be very picky.

Libby Baugher

the outside of the drive says DVD+Rewritable. All the specs on the websites
say DVD+/-RW Drive.
Under "My Computer" it says DVD-RW Drive. And in Control Panel\System
Properties\Hardware\Device Manager it says Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K12D. The only
discs I've tried are DVD+R and DVD+RW and neither one works. Am I only gonna
be able to burn with DVD-R and DVD-RW? Just thought I'd be able to use all
the formats.
"David Chien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c168vl$ca4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Should do both if the drive is labeled such. Try a different disc - DVD
> drives tend to be very picky.

Dan Koren

Return it and file a complaint with the FTC
against eMachines for deceitful advertising.

At least that's what I would do....

dk

"Libby Baugher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KTIZb.63587$(E-Mail Removed)...
> the outside of the drive says DVD+Rewritable. All the specs on the

websites
> say DVD+/-RW Drive.
> Under "My Computer" it says DVD-RW Drive. And in Control Panel\System
> Properties\Hardware\Device Manager it says Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K12D. The

only
> discs I've tried are DVD+R and DVD+RW and neither one works. Am I only

gonna
> be able to burn with DVD-R and DVD-RW? Just thought I'd be able to use all
> the formats.
> "David Chien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c168vl$ca4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Should do both if the drive is labeled such. Try a different disc - DVD
> > drives tend to be very picky.

media center says it cannot detect a video dvd in the dvd rom drive when the dvd is in the drive properly? daviswb@earthlink.net Laptops 8 01-07-2007 02:06 AM
eMachines CD-RW/DVD-ROM problem John Hale Gateway 3 07-05-2005 04:42 AM
What's the difference between DVD+Ram, DVD-R/DVD-RW and DVD+R/DVD+RW Joe Wilson Hardware 1 03-03-2004 12:36 AM
Emachines 6805/6807 Anjonez Laptops 1 01-31-2004 08:24 PM
msi 6807 pc11b andy MSI 0 12-14-2003 05:27 PM