emachines power light won't start

Larry G

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I recently purchased an eMachines W-3050, and today I noticed that the power
light on the tower (blue light, flashes when in stand-by mode) has burned
itself out. There is a little blue dot, but nothing around the ring of the
"e". The monitor equivalent is just fine. (Why couldn't *that* one have
burned itself out, <g>).

Anybody know of a fix. I'm reading here of a lot of computers with power
lights running, but the computer doesn't, so if I have to have a problem, I
guess I'd rather have it working and no light :-), but it is an annoying
problem.

Plus, brand-new monitor is squealing at 1024x768, unless I set it at 75
hertz, then it's elongated at the left side.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Larry

Arno Wagner

Previously Larry G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

> I recently purchased an eMachines W-3050, and today I noticed that the power
> light on the tower (blue light, flashes when in stand-by mode) has burned
> itself out. There is a little blue dot, but nothing around the ring of the
> "e". The monitor equivalent is just fine. (Why couldn't *that* one have
> burned itself out, <g>).

> Anybody know of a fix. I'm reading here of a lot of computers with power
> lights running, but the computer doesn't, so if I have to have a problem, I
> guess I'd rather have it working and no light :-), but it is an annoying
> problem.

More likely a connector failure. These LEDs are pretty tough and
should give you several 1000 hours or operation. Unless they are
seriously overloaded that is. The fix would be to check the cabeling
and if needed replace the LED.

> Plus, brand-new monitor is squealing at 1024x768, unless I set it at 75
> hertz, then it's elongated at the left side.

Can't you correct that with the geometry settings? If not, I would try
to return it, monitors are not supposed to squeal.

Arno