Enabling IRQ Steering on Toshiba Satellite A100

Carlos Moreno

Hello,

I just got an expansion card to add FireWire ports to my
Toshiba Satellite A100 notebook, but I'm unable to make
it work.

The card is an ADS Tech Pyro 1394DV for Notebooks.

The notebook is running Windows XP SP2 (the one that
came with it), and the system simply does not see any
new hardware.

ADS's support site indicates that IRQ Steering has to be
enabled (under Device Manager, System Devices, PCI
Bus), but there is no such option. They warn you about
the possibility of the option not being there, and indicate
that one should contact the notebook's manufacturer for
instructions on how to enable that. But Toshiba support
area no longer includes this "old" model :-(

So I'm hoping that someone out there may be familiar
with this and could show me the trick or hack necessary
to do this? (well, or some way to make the card work?)

Thanks,

Carlos