EP-4PEAD computer won't restart without removing power cord

maiden

I've got a EP-4PEAD motherboard with a P4 2.4.

I can use and shut down the PC fine. But the next time I want to turn
the PC on (via the power button on the front) I have to physically
remove the power cable from the back of the PC first. It is a real
pain in the ass.

I'm thinking it might be a power supply problem? It seems that
something is not telling the computer that the power should be turned
off, and that is why the power button does not work until I physically
remove the power cord from the back and then reattach it.

Please help!