Travis King

What are the common issues with this motherboard? (EP-8KDA3I) I do not
plan on using SATA. It does have a place to plug in front USB ports right?
It will work without a floppy drive connected, won't it? Any advice on what
to and not to do with this motherboard would be great. P.S. Since this is
going to be for someone else, I won't be overclocking. Can you make custom
boot-up screens with this motherboard and is it easy to do?

Ykalon

Travis King wrote:
> What are the common issues with this motherboard? (EP-8KDA3I) I do not
> plan on using SATA. It does have a place to plug in front USB ports right?
> It will work without a floppy drive connected, won't it? Any advice on what
> to and not to do with this motherboard would be great. P.S. Since this is
> going to be for someone else, I won't be overclocking. Can you make custom
> boot-up screens with this motherboard and is it easy to do?

Guess you mean 8KDA3J?
It works withou a floppy you can disable it in the BIOS. and you can
make your own boot-up screens with Magic BIOS. There is USB connector on
the board you can use for your front ports.

Travis King

Ykalon wrote:
> Travis King wrote:
>> What are the common issues with this motherboard? (EP-8KDA3I) I do
>> not plan on using SATA. It does have a place to plug in front USB
>> ports right? It will work without a floppy drive connected, won't
>> it? Any advice on what to and not to do with this motherboard would
>> be great. P.S. Since this is going to be for someone else, I won't
>> be overclocking. Can you make custom boot-up screens with this
>> motherboard and is it easy to do?

> Guess you mean 8KDA3J?
> It works withou a floppy you can disable it in the BIOS. and you can
> make your own boot-up screens with Magic BIOS. There is USB connector
> on the board you can use for your front ports.

According to newegg.com, there's an 8KDA3I and a 8KDA3J. Apparently the I
is new?
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...123-225&depa=0
I guess epox has a page for the I too.
http://www.epox.com/usa/product.asp?id=EP-8KDA3I

DaveL

I just built a system for my brother last weekend with an 8KDA3J. Very
nice. I wish it was mine. The hardest part was figuring out the new A64
retension mechanism. Then there was the cool and quiet thing.

DaveL

"Travis King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Ykalon wrote:
> > Travis King wrote:
> >> What are the common issues with this motherboard? (EP-8KDA3I) I do
> >> not plan on using SATA. It does have a place to plug in front USB
> >> ports right? It will work without a floppy drive connected, won't
> >> it? Any advice on what to and not to do with this motherboard would
> >> be great. P.S. Since this is going to be for someone else, I won't
> >> be overclocking. Can you make custom boot-up screens with this
> >> motherboard and is it easy to do?

> > Guess you mean 8KDA3J?
> > It works withou a floppy you can disable it in the BIOS. and you can
> > make your own boot-up screens with Magic BIOS. There is USB connector
> > on the board you can use for your front ports.

> According to newegg.com, there's an 8KDA3I and a 8KDA3J. Apparently the I
> is new?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...123-225&depa=0
> I guess epox has a page for the I too.
> http://www.epox.com/usa/product.asp?id=EP-8KDA3I

Travis King

"DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just built a system for my brother last weekend with an 8KDA3J. Very
> nice. I wish it was mine. The hardest part was figuring out the new A64
> retension mechanism. Then there was the cool and quiet thing.
>
> DaveL
>

> "Travis King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Ykalon wrote:
>> > Guess you mean 8KDA3J?
>> > It works withou a floppy you can disable it in the BIOS. and you can
>> > make your own boot-up screens with Magic BIOS. There is USB connector
>> > on the board you can use for your front ports.

>> According to newegg.com, there's an 8KDA3I and a 8KDA3J. Apparently the
>> is new?
>>

> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...123-225&depa=0
>> I guess epox has a page for the I too.
>> http://www.epox.com/usa/product.asp?id=EP-8KDA3I

Could you give me advice on that? This will be my first install of an A64 -
I've always used XP's before that.

Ykalon

Travis King wrote:
> Ykalon wrote:
>
>>Travis King wrote:
>>
>>>What are the common issues with this motherboard? (EP-8KDA3I) I do
>>>not plan on using SATA. It does have a place to plug in front USB
>>>ports right? It will work without a floppy drive connected, won't
>>>it? Any advice on what to and not to do with this motherboard would
>>>be great. P.S. Since this is going to be for someone else, I won't
>>>be overclocking. Can you make custom boot-up screens with this
>>>motherboard and is it easy to do?

>>Guess you mean 8KDA3J?
>>It works withou a floppy you can disable it in the BIOS. and you can
>>make your own boot-up screens with Magic BIOS. There is USB connector
>>on the board you can use for your front ports.

> According to newegg.com, there's an 8KDA3I and a 8KDA3J. Apparently the I
> is new?
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...123-225&depa=0
> I guess epox has a page for the I too.
> http://www.epox.com/usa/product.asp?id=EP-8KDA3I

In case you wonder the difference is that J has ALC850 (8 channel sound)
and Gigabit LAN.

Travis King

OK.
news:rJLvd.11201$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I just built a system for my brother last weekend with an 8KDA3J. Very
> > nice. I wish it was mine. The hardest part was figuring out the new

A64
> > retension mechanism. Then there was the cool and quiet thing.
> >
> > DaveL

> Could you give me advice on that? This will be my first install of an

A64 -
> I've always used XP's before that.

What exactly do you want to know? The retension mechanism? You hook on
both clips and then you turn the lever down. I did not see a way to lock it
down but it seemed to stay.

DaveL