Epox 8KHA+ and 166FSB??

Mattrixx

Hi
I would like some confirmation as to whether or not this EPOX 8KHA+ MB will
do 166FSB!
This is an older VIA KT266A based board that many have successfully
overclocked.
I know there has been some discusion in the past over the existance a
PCI/AGP divider,
but some have claimed to reach this higher bus speed OK.

Thanks in advance

Nitza666

There is not a 1/5 divider and iam running mine 8KHA+ at 170MHz FSB,just set
in BIOS the hard drives to ATA66 and give a PCI Latency 64 or even 96.Iam
running the board at 170MHz for over a year now and its rock solid.Iam now
runnig a 1800+ Tbred B at 170x12.5=2125MHz 1.75V.
"Mattrixx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XxN7b.923$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi
> I would like some confirmation as to whether or not this EPOX 8KHA+ MB

will
> do 166FSB!
> This is an older VIA KT266A based board that many have successfully
> overclocked.
> I know there has been some discusion in the past over the existance a
> PCI/AGP divider,
> but some have claimed to reach this higher bus speed OK.
>
> Thanks in advance

LeeB18509

That is a great success story but make no mistake. By overclocking the FSB
of this mobo you WILL be o'c'ing all of your peripherals. I never had the
stones to over juice my $300 video card, $100 sound card, $200 worth of hard
drives, etc.

Why not just spend $65 on a new nforce mobo with a PCI/AGP lock like a
Biostar, use everything you have in there and sleep better at night. Just a
thought....

"Nitza666" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjokul$hu3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is not a 1/5 divider and iam running mine 8KHA+ at 170MHz FSB,just

set
> in BIOS the hard drives to ATA66 and give a PCI Latency 64 or even 96.Iam
> running the board at 170MHz for over a year now and its rock solid.Iam now
> runnig a 1800+ Tbred B at 170x12.5=2125MHz 1.75V.
> "Mattrixx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:XxN7b.923$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi
> > I would like some confirmation as to whether or not this EPOX 8KHA+ MB

> will
> > do 166FSB!
> > This is an older VIA KT266A based board that many have successfully
> > overclocked.
> > I know there has been some discusion in the past over the existance a
> > PCI/AGP divider,
> > but some have claimed to reach this higher bus speed OK.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Nitza666

The 8KHA+ is mine secondary PC although for 13.5 months i use it at 170MHz
FSB the GeForce 3,SBLive and a PCI TV Card work without any problem 24/7 as
this computer is folding.
I forgot i use AGP x4 but to play safe use AGP x2.
Main PC is now a 8RGA+ running at 219MHz FSB using an Barton 2500+ at
219x11=2409MHz also floding 24/7,the main reason that i upgraded is that the
9700 Pro i bought to cant run at such a high overclocked AGP on the 8KHA+.
news:2DR7b.38382$(E-Mail Removed). ..