EPOX 8RDA3+ "1d" POST problem

vab123

Hi good folks

I have an EP-8RDA3+ Mainboard

I have been using my computer as normal today. I told it t
reboot
however strangely it stopped at blank screen. After a manual reset
the POST code points to "1d" after which a sound i
produce
through the speaker. I have no idea towards what could hav
caused the problem, nor can i identify what "1d" means
The only thing I could learn from the internet is to loo
for popped capacitors (or leaking) however i was unabl
to find any.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

Graham W

vab123 wrote:
> Hi good folks,
>

> I have an EP-8RDA3+ Mainboard.
>
> I have been using my computer as normal today. I told it to
> reboot,
> however strangely it stopped at blank screen. After a manual reset,
> the POST code points to "1d" after which a sound is
> produced
> through the speaker. I have no idea towards what could have
> caused the problem, nor can i identify what "1d" means.
> The only thing I could learn from the internet is to look
> for popped capacitors (or leaking) however i was unable
> to find any.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Have you looked in page D2 of the manual?

DaveL

First, try removing power from the unit by cycling the power switch on the
PSU.

Still no go? With the PSU disconnected from the motherboard, clear the cmos
by
setting the jumper and removing the battery for 10 minutes. Then hook up the
psu
and test.

Still no go? Take the board out of the case. With only cpu with hsf, one
stick of ram
and video card hooked up, clear the cmos by setting the jumper and removing
the battery for 10 minutes. Then hook up the psu and start by momentarily
shorting the power switch pins on the motherboard.

DaveL

news:6p3Tf.45367$(E-Mail Removed). ..

POST CODE 26 with epox 8npa sli and ati radeon x700 pciex jimmybolduc@videotron.ca Epox 8 10-25-2006 01:43 PM
EPoX 8rda3+ POST code 1d venioo Epox 9 03-19-2006 07:49 PM
Epox 8RDA+ died after 14 months bad capacitors for Epox-Tech Michel Weijts Epox 4 09-08-2004 06:21 PM
Asus SP97-V and strange post/no post problem Olli Meckelburg Asus 0 02-14-2004 12:25 PM
Epox 8KHA+ Help - Won't boot past C1 on Post Code LED Bill Epox 14 09-14-2003 06:03 AM