Epox 9npa+sli stall problems

Revanant

My computer hanged one day. Then I tried to reboot but
windows wouldn't load and I tried safe mode, no go.

So I reset the CPU and CPU Fan just in case of possible
overheating problems. Still no proper windows load.

So I tried to reinstall windows, I want to use a floppy to
reformat a Hard Disk, when it installs the drivers for the
DVD drive it hangs. Then I figure to check out the post LED.

On my onboard post port LED display it says FF, that's
a bios problem I thought, so I re-isntalled the newest bios
without loading CD/DVD drivers and it worked. So I
re-booted and the same FF is on the post LED. I took
out the bios chip on the motherboard & reinserted it.
Same problem.

I figure it's probably a IDE Controller problem on the
epox motherboard. If it was the CPU then it wouldn't
boot properly at all. I don't think it is the Video
Card or I would get 2D on the post LED on the motherboard.

I think it's time to call/email Epox!...Unless you people
think you have something like re-installing an earlier
bios? I don't think I can fix this. It's possible it
is the bios chip. I don't know.

Well I'll get it running sooner or later. These problems
happen with new computers. (sigh)

dave

FF means a good boot. Sounds to me like you have a bad hard drive. If that
in fact is the case, the only remedy is a new hard drive.

DaveL

"Revanant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-download.com...
> My computer hanged one day. Then I tried to reboot but
> windows wouldn't load and I tried safe mode, no go.
>
> So I reset the CPU and CPU Fan just in case of possible
> overheating problems. Still no proper windows load.
>
> So I tried to reinstall windows, I want to use a floppy to
> reformat a Hard Disk, when it installs the drivers for the
> DVD drive it hangs. Then I figure to check out the post LED.
>
> On my onboard post port LED display it says FF, that's
> a bios problem I thought, so I re-isntalled the newest bios
> without loading CD/DVD drivers and it worked. So I
> re-booted and the same FF is on the post LED. I took
> out the bios chip on the motherboard & reinserted it.
> Same problem.
>
> I figure it's probably a IDE Controller problem on the
> epox motherboard. If it was the CPU then it wouldn't
> boot properly at all. I don't think it is the Video
> Card or I would get 2D on the post LED on the motherboard.
>
> I think it's time to call/email Epox!...Unless you people
> think you have something like re-installing an earlier
> bios? I don't think I can fix this. It's possible it
> is the bios chip. I don't know.
>
> Well I'll get it running sooner or later. These problems
> happen with new computers. (sigh)

Revanant

you scribbled in [alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox]
on Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:38:36 -0700
<(E-Mail Removed)>
*
> FF means a good boot. Sounds to me like you have a bad hard drive. If that
> in fact is the case, the only remedy is a new hard drive.

It boots up fine, I go into the bios hitting delete and it freezes up
on me. That's not a Hard Disk problem. It's also a new hard disk.

The way I look at it, it's got to be a bios or motherboard problem.
Rev

> "Revanant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)-download.com...
> > My computer hanged one day. Then I tried to reboot but
> > windows wouldn't load and I tried safe mode, no go.

dave

Then try another power supply.

DaveL

"Revanant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-download.com...
> you scribbled in [alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox]
> on Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:38:36 -0700
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> *
>> FF means a good boot. Sounds to me like you have a bad hard drive. If
>> that
>> in fact is the case, the only remedy is a new hard drive.
>>

> It boots up fine, I go into the bios hitting delete and it freezes up
> on me. That's not a Hard Disk problem. It's also a new hard disk.
>
> The way I look at it, it's got to be a bios or motherboard problem.
> Rev
>

>> "Revanant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)-download.com...
>> > My computer hanged one day. Then I tried to reboot but
>> > windows wouldn't load and I tried safe mode, no go.

Semi Head

Original post by:

From: (E-Mail Removed) (Revanant)

[...]

After you did the re_install of the Bios using floppy of your sick
computer you may have created a bad bios.

I agree with Dave, try another Power Supply.
If it's a "no-go", return the mobo for a replacement (hopefully it's
still under warranty).

S_H

Semi Head

From: (E-Mail Removed)
>(Revanant)
>My computer hanged one day. Then I tried to reboot
>but windows wouldn't load and I tried safe mode, no
>go.
>So I reset the CPU and CPU Fan just in
>case of possible overheating problems. Still no proper windows load.
>So I tried to reinstall windows, I want to use
>a floppy to reformat a Hard Disk, when it installs
>the drivers for the DVD drive it hangs. Then I
>figure to check out the post LED.
>On my onboard post port LED display it says FF,
>that's a bios problem I thought, so I re-isntalled the
>newest bios without loading CD/DVD drivers and it worked. So
>I re-booted and the same FF is on the post
>LED. I took out the bios chip on the motherboard
>& reinserted it. Same problem.
>I figure it's probably a IDE Controller problem on the
>epox motherboard. If it was the CPU then it wouldn't
>boot properly at all. I don't think it is the
>Video Card or I would get 2D on the post
>LED on the motherboard.
>I think it's time to call/email Epox!...Unless you people think
>you have something like re-installing an earlier bios? I don't
>think I can fix this. It's possible it is the
>bios chip. I don't know.
>Well I'll get it running sooner or later. These problems
>happen with new computers. (sigh)

You could also try replacing the Bios chip

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Head
Original post by:

From: (E-Mail Removed) (Revanant)

[...]

Even if your hard drive is brand new it could still be bad already. I won't buy seagate anymore cause I've had several and they all died pretty quick with no warning. Also have a fried just buy a new western digital that crapped out three days after he bought it. It could be several things all you can do is swap out stuff piece at a time till you find the problem. Power supply problems can be a bear to troubleshoot, try another one of those definetly.