Equivalent magjacks

Simon

Hi,

I am trying to source an equivalent part to the RJLD-043 magjack, and
I think I've found one in the SI-50163, but the 'dots' on the
transformers are at different points. My question is: does that matter
for a magjack ?

Here's the internal diagram for the RJLD-043: http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/rjld-043.png
And here's the one for the SI-50163: http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/SI-50163.png

Anyone want to help me out ?

Cheers
Simon

hamilton

On 6/30/2012 12:51 PM, Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to source an equivalent part to the RJLD-043 magjack, and
> I think I've found one in the SI-50163, but the 'dots' on the
> transformers are at different points. My question is: does that matter
> for a magjack ?
>
> Here's the internal diagram for the RJLD-043: http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/rjld-043.png
> And here's the one for the SI-50163: http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/SI-50163.png
>
> Anyone want to help me out ?
>
> Cheers
> Simon

Yes, they are the same.

Simon

On Jun 30, 2:02*pm, hamilton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 6/30/2012 12:51 PM, Simon wrote:> Hi,
>
> > I am trying to source an equivalent part to the RJLD-043 magjack, and
> > I think I've found one in the SI-50163, but the 'dots' on the
> > transformers are at different points. My question is: does that matter
> > for a magjack ?

> > Here's the internal diagram for the RJLD-043:http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/rjld-043.png
> > And here's the one for the SI-50163:http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/SI-50163.png

> > Anyone want to help me out ?

> > Cheers
> > * Simon

> Yes, they are the same.

Thanks

For my future reference, as long as you link up the right tx/rx pins
to the embedded Ethernet controller, is it generally ok to use any
magjack that says it works at the data-rate you're using ?

I see the internal circuits an they're all different! Some have the
transformers vertical then horizontal, (thus different wiring to the
horizontal then vertical arrangement, I'm aware the schematic
orientation is arbitrary does this generally matter ?

Thanks

Simon

hamilton

On 6/30/2012 4:53 PM, Simon wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2:02 pm, hamilton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 6/30/2012 12:51 PM, Simon wrote:> Hi,
>>
>>> I am trying to source an equivalent part to the RJLD-043 magjack, and
>>> I think I've found one in the SI-50163, but the 'dots' on the
>>> transformers are at different points. My question is: does that matter
>>> for a magjack ?

>>> Here's the internal diagram for the RJLD-043:http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/rjld-043.png
>>> And here's the one for the SI-50163:http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/SI-50163.png

>>> Anyone want to help me out ?

>>> Cheers
>>> Simon

>> Yes, they are the same.

> Thanks
>
> For my future reference, as long as you link up the right tx/rx pins
> to the embedded Ethernet controller, is it generally ok to use any
> magjack that says it works at the data-rate you're using ?
>
> I see the internal circuits an they're all different! Some have the
> transformers vertical then horizontal, (thus different wiring to the
> horizontal then vertical arrangement, I'm aware the schematic
> orientation is arbitrary does this generally matter ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

Trace it out, they are the same.