Erratic pen behavior

Marianne

I have an HP TC1100 with erratic pen behavior. Running SP2 with most current
Wacom driver installed , I can't get the pen to double click via double tap
outside of the test mode in Tablet and Pen Settings. In addition, since I use
multiple profiles (work, home, admin, etc.), I have one profile with two
pointers that just pulse on the screen, one that has a softkbd.exe that won't
quit unless I manually shut it down. I performed a full virus scan this
morning with updated software so that ain't it. Any ideas before I reformat?

Marianne

Chris H.

For the softkbd problem, try going to the Command Prompt (not Start/Run),
navigate to the C:\WINDOWS\System32 directory and then put in "tabsrv.exe
/remove" without the quotes. Exit the Command Prompt, and then reboot your
system.

On the double-tap situation, what are your settings in Control Panel/Tablet
and Pen Settings/Pen Options/Settings button? You may need to change the
Speed in the top section toward the left, or slower, and the Spatial
tolerance (below that) more to the right, or larger.

Also, do you have the Wacom 4.82-9a driver installed, and did you install it
after adding Windows XP SP2 and the Tablet PC Edition 2005?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

news:(E-Mail Removed)...