Error code 720

Trekman

My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. Any
experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
maternity leave for one more month).

S.Lewis

"Trekman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
> months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
> Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
> which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
> Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
> they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. Any
> experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
> maternity leave for one more month).

From this distance, I'd just have her uninstall and reinstall the VZ access
manager and modem driver from her CD.

Better still, send her this link to the UM 175 page (which has instructions
for doing so but also the latest software and driver):

http://support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=3926

S.Lewis

"S.Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TNPql.10365$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Trekman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
>> months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
>> Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
>> which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
>> Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
>> they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. Any
>> experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
>> maternity leave for one more month).

> From this distance, I'd just have her uninstall and reinstall the VZ
> access manager and modem driver from her CD.
>
> Better still, send her this link to the UM 175 page (which has
> instructions for doing so but also the latest software and driver):
>
> http://support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=3926

Additionally, you might want to read this thread from back in April of last
year as an FYI. It's a considerably involved resolution. You might note
the date of this thread and also the version(s) of the VZaccess manager on
her CD.............versus what is currently available for download on the
website, as there may be a "fix" if the website software version is newer:

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/m...&thread.id=398

Trekman

On Mar 2, 7:09*am, RnR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 03:55:45 -0800 (PST), Trekman <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
> >months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
> >Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
> >which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
> >Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
> >they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. *Any
> >experience to share on this one? *She is getting frustrated (home on
> >maternity leave for one more month).

> Sounds like you're right tho I don't have/never had this modem.
> Assuming it was working good until recently, can she just use a
> restore point to go backward to just before it happened? * Otherwise,
> may need to tweak the connection settings. *What OS is she using?

She is using Vista. I will pass along several of the suggestions - not
sure what the help techs have already run her through, but I know she
mentioned getting into regedit.

Trekman

On Mar 2, 6:50*pm, "Christopher Muto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> are you talking about an evdo modem? if so, then i suggest that you remove
> it, reboot the system, and then stick it into another usb port...
>
> "Trekman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
> > months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
> > Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
> > which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
> > Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
> > they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. *Any
> > experience to share on this one? *She is getting frustrated (home on
> > maternity leave for one more month).

Had to look back at Verizon website and found this:
Ultra compact, light and easy to use, the UM175 USB Modem provides
high–speed access on our 1x/EV–DO network via VZ Access Manager™.
So, I guess it is an "evdo" modem. I will pass along the reboot and
replug suggestion. Thanks ...

S.Lewis

"Christopher Muto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> the um175 is a usb evdo modem. like a thumb drive...

<snip>

Yup. Done seen a couple of them in the wild.

"...unexpected error occurred. (Error code -8065)" Nick Naym Apple 1 11-15-2008 04:33 PM
KEEP GETTING ERROR 720 ON DIAL UP jmillerWV Tablet PC 3 11-21-2006 04:09 PM
Dell 720 Color Printer Brian J Dell 7 11-11-2004 03:50 AM
dell 720 Printer Edward J. Neth Dell 12 09-01-2004 11:05 AM
MN 720 Freezes Evo N1020V Rick Compaq 5 05-23-2004 02:41 AM