error message when installing Windows Mobile

AJ

I have a Lenova Tablet running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, Version
2002 with Service Pack 2. I attempted to install Windows Mobile software for
my HTC PPC6800 Smart Phone on the Tablet. I get the errror message
"Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The software loads
on my pc with Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional, not on Windows XP
Tablet. The software includes Microsoft Active Sync 4.5, Windows Mobile
Device Center, and Microsoft Offiice Outlook 2007. HELP
AJ

Derek

Hi AJ. So you are not able to use Active Sync with the HTC PPC? Btw, the
PPC6800 was just released...last month...this month?

Derek

"AJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Lenova Tablet running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, Version
> 2002 with Service Pack 2. I attempted to install Windows Mobile software
> for
> my HTC PPC6800 Smart Phone on the Tablet. I get the errror message
> "Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The software
> loads
> on my pc with Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional, not on Windows
> XP
> Tablet. The software includes Microsoft Active Sync 4.5, Windows Mobile
> Device Center, and Microsoft Offiice Outlook 2007. HELP
> AJ

Derek

AJ:

The Win Mobile web site suggests compatibility with XP SP2 or earlier...
Also, Mobile Device Center 6.1 works only with Vista at this time...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ivesync45.mspx

Derek

"AJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Lenova Tablet running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, Version
> 2002 with Service Pack 2. I attempted to install Windows Mobile software
> for
> my HTC PPC6800 Smart Phone on the Tablet. I get the errror message
> "Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The software
> loads
> on my pc with Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional, not on Windows
> XP
> Tablet. The software includes Microsoft Active Sync 4.5, Windows Mobile
> Device Center, and Microsoft Offiice Outlook 2007. HELP
> AJ

Sven

Where did you get this set of software? Did it come with the PPC6800? I
would try downloading AS 4.5 from MS, to preclude any issue with the copy
you got. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ivesync45.mspx

Windows Mobile Device Center is the AS replacement that runs on Vista. You
won't need it on your XP Tablet.

Can't help you on Outlook 2007, but if HTC supplied that, that would be good
news. OEMs used to supply a copy of Outlook with each PPC but that practice
seems to have faded since about the release of WM5. Has caused a lot of
consternation since that is what WM is designed to sync with. If Outlook is
not loading right, I'd go back to your supplier or HTC directly, assuming
you got this with the PPC6800.

--
Sven
MVP Mobile Devices
"AJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Lenova Tablet running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, Version
> 2002 with Service Pack 2. I attempted to install Windows Mobile software
> for
> my HTC PPC6800 Smart Phone on the Tablet. I get the errror message
> "Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The software
> loads
> on my pc with Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional, not on Windows
> XP
> Tablet. The software includes Microsoft Active Sync 4.5, Windows Mobile
> Device Center, and Microsoft Offiice Outlook 2007. HELP
> AJ

Derek

AJ:

Just heard that XP SP3 is scheduled for release later this month (April),
maybe this might fix...

Derek

"AJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Lenova Tablet running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, Version
> 2002 with Service Pack 2. I attempted to install Windows Mobile software
> for
> my HTC PPC6800 Smart Phone on the Tablet. I get the errror message
> "Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The software
> loads
> on my pc with Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional, not on Windows
> XP
> Tablet. The software includes Microsoft Active Sync 4.5, Windows Mobile
> Device Center, and Microsoft Offiice Outlook 2007. HELP
> AJ

Derek

AJ:
Btw, You might try restarting the system. And then install again *just*
after you
login, before loading any other apps...

Derek

"AJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Lenova Tablet running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, Version
> 2002 with Service Pack 2. I attempted to install Windows Mobile software
> for
> my HTC PPC6800 Smart Phone on the Tablet. I get the errror message
> "Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The software
> loads
> on my pc with Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional, not on Windows
> XP
> Tablet. The software includes Microsoft Active Sync 4.5, Windows Mobile
> Device Center, and Microsoft Offiice Outlook 2007. HELP
> AJ

gloria cristina feitosa stumpf