!! EVGA Motherboard Giveaway!!

Ed Forsythe

I don't understand McG. Are you talking about the free MB?

"McGrandpa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a5RLf.46933$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "First of One"
>>
>> --
>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>
>> "McGrandpa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:NxBLf.38328$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> If their mobos are as solid as their vid cards then they're likely a
>>> very good board. BUT, $199 for a mobo with no more features than I have
>>> for $95? I don't think so
>>> My rig is now complete. Except for possibly that new Silverstone PSU
>>>
>>> McG.

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...> The eVGA mobos are
> manufactured by a third-party. Can't remember the name,
>> though it was mentioned in the NCIX forums. The mobos carry "only" a
>> two-year warranty, not lifetime like the brand's high-end video cards,
>> though this is not a practical drawback. eVGA support has a good
>> reputation > I hear.

> They do on paper at least. I haven't had to use their warranty yet.
> Still, their listed price for the mobo is $199. That's just too much,
> IMO.
> McG.

McGrandpa

Yes, went and looked at that 'deal' on the eVGA site.

"Ed Forsythe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't understand McG. Are you talking about the free MB?
>
> "McGrandpa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:a5RLf.46933$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "First of One"
>>>
>>> --
>>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>>
>>> "McGrandpa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:NxBLf.38328$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...> The eVGA mobos are
>> manufactured by a third-party. Can't remember the name,
>>> though it was mentioned in the NCIX forums. The mobos carry "only" a
>>> two-year warranty, not lifetime like the brand's high-end video cards,
>>> though this is not a practical drawback. eVGA support has a good
>>> reputation > I hear.

>> They do on paper at least. I haven't had to use their warranty yet.
>> Still, their listed price for the mobo is $199. That's just too much,
>> IMO.
>> McG.

Ed Forsythe

But you said $199 is too much. Isn't the MB free when you buy the 7800GT
card?

"McGrandpa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LEYLf.48067$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, went and looked at that 'deal' on the eVGA site.
>
> "Ed Forsythe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I don't understand McG. Are you talking about the free MB?
>>
>> "McGrandpa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:a5RLf.46933$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "First of One"

>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...> The eVGA mobos are
>>> manufactured by a third-party. Can't remember the name,
>>>
>>> They do on paper at least. I haven't had to use their warranty yet.
>>> Still, their listed price for the mobo is $199. That's just too much,
>>> IMO.
>>> McG.

McGrandpa

True, but I already have a pair of GTX's, don't need the GT ;0)

McG.

"Ed Forsythe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But you said $199 is too much. Isn't the MB free when you buy the 7800GT
> card?
>
> "McGrandpa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:LEYLf.48067$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, went and looked at that 'deal' on the eVGA site.
>>
>> "Ed Forsythe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I don't understand McG. Are you talking about the free MB?
>>>
>>> "McGrandpa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:a5RLf.46933$(E-Mail Removed)...

First of One

The MB is only "free" if you buy the 7800GT package that costs $150 more
than usual...

"Ed Forsythe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But you said $199 is too much. Isn't the MB free when you buy the 7800GT
> card?

Ed Forsythe

You may be incorrect. The eVDA troops insist that the deal is valid through
some of their r/etailers.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...