External sound card

Tom keen

1 - Does anyone know how can I find an external sound card?
2 - And how can such a device be connected to the pc?
3 - May we connect more than one external sound card to a pc?

Thanks

2669458-28

Tod

I believe several companies are making external sound card that plug in the
USB port.
Why more then one sound card ?

"Tom keen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> 1 - Does anyone know how can I find an external sound card?
> 2 - And how can such a device be connected to the pc?
> 3 - May we connect more than one external sound card to a pc?
>

> Thanks
>

> 2669458-28

CrimsonLiar

Mostly for people with notebook PCs or crappy onboard sound. As for
connecting more than 1 sound card, yes you can, but unless you have
applications that route sound info directly you can only use one device for
input and one for output at a time.

Crimson Liar

"Tod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I believe several companies are making external sound card that plug in

the
> USB port.
> Why more then one sound card ?
>
> "Tom keen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > 1 - Does anyone know how can I find an external sound card?
> > 2 - And how can such a device be connected to the pc?
> > 3 - May we connect more than one external sound card to a pc?
> >

> > Thanks

juha

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:10:11 GMT, "CrimsonLiar" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Mostly for people with notebook PCs or crappy onboard sound. As for
>connecting more than 1 sound card, yes you can, but unless you have
>applications that route sound info directly you can only use one device for
>input and one for output at a time.
>
>Crimson Liar

True. One reason I've been thinking about buying an external USB sound
system for my laptop is not so much because the sound chip sucks, but
because it has pitiful output options, only a headphone miniplug (this
is pretty common with laptops). I'd like to have AT LEAST line-out, if
I ever wanted to connect it to a better sound system etc.

>"Tod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> I believe several companies are making external sound card that plug in

>the
>> USB port.
>> Why more then one sound card ?
>>
>> "Tom keen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> > 1 - Does anyone know how can I find an external sound card?
>> > 2 - And how can such a device be connected to the pc?
>> > 3 - May we connect more than one external sound card to a pc?
>> >

>> > Thanks

Tod

Could that headphone miniplug be "duel purpose"
and also function as a line-out ?

"juha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:10:11 GMT, "CrimsonLiar" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Mostly for people with notebook PCs or crappy onboard sound. As for
> >connecting more than 1 sound card, yes you can, but unless you have
> >applications that route sound info directly you can only use one device

for
> >input and one for output at a time.
> >
> >Crimson Liar

> True. One reason I've been thinking about buying an external USB sound
> system for my laptop is not so much because the sound chip sucks, but
> because it has pitiful output options, only a headphone miniplug (this
> is pretty common with laptops). I'd like to have AT LEAST line-out, if
> I ever wanted to connect it to a better sound system etc.
>

> >"Tod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> I believe several companies are making external sound card that plug in

> >the
> >> USB port.
> >> Why more then one sound card ?
> >>
> >> "Tom keen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...

Finetuning sound volume in LionFinetuning sound volume in LionFinetuning sound volume in Lion Zala Apple 0 09-19-2011 06:20 AM
Bridge Sound from TV Tuner Card to onboard Sound Card? Spare PC Hardware 2 03-02-2008 11:06 PM
Choosing an External/Internal Sound Card Romanian Soundcards 0 07-15-2006 05:34 AM
adding external sound card John HP 0 02-08-2004 05:33 PM
Sound distortion with WMP9/MovieMaker2 playing AVIs [CMI8738 onboard sound and DX sound hardware acceleration] George R. Soyo 2 07-08-2003 10:35 PM