Extigy - any good?

llywiwr

I want to buy my son a sound card to use with Cubase - he wants to record
multi-track wav and MIDI. Is the Soundblaster Extigy USB any good - how does
it fare when considering latency when multi-tracking?

How does it compare with the Audigy Platinum kit?

Any useful comments welcome.
TIA.

24 Carrot Balla

I've heard some good things about it, but the thought of using the USB
scares me. As for the Platinum, the Original Audigy could tend to be a bit
noisy, and it really records all the sources at once. And if you plan to
upgrade the card, you will need to chuck the Platinum drive because it will
only work with SB Live or Audigy. I know with my new Audigy 2 that I have,
I can get 3 seperate inputs, or 6 mono inputs.. Just a thought.
news:jc7Bb.2564$(E-Mail Removed)...

Creative Extigy and AMD B&B Musmon ECS 0 08-26-2004 12:18 PM
P4P800 Onboard Sound + SB Extigy Billy_Bat Asus 0 04-18-2004 12:33 AM
Windows 2000 Server, ABIT BH6 and ATI All-In-Wonder 32MB AGP 4X/2X Version and Sound Blaster Extigy/Audigy 2 NX New Question Abit 1 02-17-2004 02:43 AM
All-In-Wonder (AiW) Radeon 32MB TV Tuner and Creative SoudBlaster Extigy New Question ATI 5 09-09-2003 04:38 PM
ABIT BH6, ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 32MB, & Sound Blaster Extigy New Question Abit 0 09-06-2003 01:08 PM