Extra card question

August Kramar

Can I connect the old CT4660 extra card on my current SB Live 5.1 SB0100 and
get coax. digital out to my surround reciever?

I want surround sound in games.

--

Ivica

Sharanga Dayananda

I don't know whether the old CT4660 extra card will work with it. However
the SB100 will have a digital out on the back ( the centre-sub analogue
output does a digital out in digital output mode, which with a mini-plug to
phono converter could be used as a coax digital output ). However with a
receiver you will get only stereo either the front or rear channels
depending on which phono plug you use ( from the mini-plug to the coax
converter ).

So unless you have a Creative speaker system, you basically canna get
surround with the digital out. There're some receivers which can get 5.1
channels from the Creative digital output, some Denon models I believe.
However, you'll need a cable with a tripole plug at the soundcard end.

news:cegb6g$35n$(E-Mail Removed)...