is fan control possible with VNF3-250 boards

ewan

i have a VNF3-250 with the latest bios and run linux, i have the cpu
change frequency thich is great, the problem is the fan still runs at
3000rmp then the temp is pretty low, ist it possible to reduce this speed
or wasnt fancontrol built into these motherboards

Ed

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:06:33 GMT, ewan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i have a VNF3-250 with the latest bios and run linux, i have the cpu
>change frequency thich is great, the problem is the fan still runs at
>3000rmp then the temp is pretty low, ist it possible to reduce this speed
>or wasnt fancontrol built into these motherboards

I run Windows so I use a program called SpeedFan, it works fine on my
NF2 board (Asus A7N8X) but does nothing on my VNF3-250, so I guess not.

btw, the stock AMD coolers have a built in thermal sensor to control fan
speed and are rated @ 3000 to 6000 RPMs.

Ed