Fan on P650 PCIe

AS

For now I am using a P650 and I am very happy with it. Mainly Pgotoshop, and
digiphoto in general. Considering an upgrade to a mobo with a PCIe slot and,
certainly, without AGP. So here's the question: How loud is the fan in the
PCIe version of the card? As a possible alternative can be APVe. How about
it?

John Smith

Did you ever get an answer on the fan?

"AS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UwbYg.260$(E-Mail Removed)2net.dk...
> For now I am using a P650 and I am very happy with it. Mainly Pgotoshop,
> and digiphoto in general. Considering an upgrade to a mobo with a PCIe
> slot and, certainly, without AGP. So here's the question: How loud is the
> fan in the PCIe version of the card? As a possible alternative can be
> APVe. How about it?

AS

John Smith wrote:
> Did you ever get an answer on the fan?

:-))

Not yet.

I didn't like the idea of testing myself. Actually, I did some
investigation meanwhile. After searching, reading and coin flipping I
have decided to go the ASUS Radeon x1300 Silent Edition (ie., fanless)
route. I am not a gamer and have liked the Matrox quality, but somehow
it happened, partly because of the fan. My new GPU gets somewhat hotter
than I am used to, but so far no problems for more than a month.

PCIe and PCIe 2.0 Mirey86 Motherboards 3 07-15-2008 05:09 PM
x800 pcie x850 pcie jb ATI 1 03-26-2006 07:31 PM
Warranty proposal: replace PCIe 6600GT with a PCIe 6800. YES or NO? Pascal Lemberge Nvidia 8 11-05-2005 08:07 PM
GA-8I945P Dual Graphic: PCIe x4 in 2nd PCIe x16? Nick Gigabyte 0 06-20-2005 07:30 AM
6600gt PCIe or X700Pro PCIe? Rockin Ronnie Nvidia 1 11-24-2004 08:33 PM