Fan spinning, no POST.

pinkisntwell@gmail.com

I replaced a ram stick on my mobo (L7S7A2) and the computer wouldn't
boot. I put back my old stick, cleared the CMOS and it would boot, but
when I pressed the power switch to turn it off so I can close the case
it would close and start again, so after trying 3-4 times I pulled the
plug.

Now it won't post, cpu fan is spinning, nothing else. I tried removing
everything, trying all kinds of combinations, nothing. I measure the
voltages from a molex connector with a multimeter and they are 5V for
the 5V rail and only about 6V on the 12V rail.

Please note that for the past month or so my computer would restart by
itself after booting if it was cold, until the PSU (presumably) would
reach a good temperature (again, presumably).

Any help? Is the mobo fried or the PSU?

Seeker

Fixed, PSU was dead, replaced it and the board works fine.

Eric Wolfe

That's good news. The third PSU I tried (and I tried it just as a lark, as
I was getting ready to RMA the board) worked. So it may not be the board
after all. Back to the endless parts swap for me. :-(

--
Eric