Fast User Switching and an 'unknown' user. - unkown.jpg (0/1)

Mathue

I have this really odd behavior in 10.3.3 and there seems to be no
mention of it in the Apple knowledgebase.

Upon reboot, whether it's a warm or cold boot the machine will log
me on as usual. However, in the right upper corner where it displays
which Fast User shell is open it states 'Unknown'. Going into the
preferences and unchecking and then rechecking Fast User Switching then
restores the correct name. It appears to be purely cosmetic, but I'd
still like to solve it on a permanent basis.

There is an attached jpg of what I see.

--
MT - Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Paul Sture

Mathue wrote:
> I have this really odd behavior in 10.3.3 and there seems to be no
> mention of it in the Apple knowledgebase.
>
> Upon reboot, whether it's a warm or cold boot the machine will log
> me on as usual. However, in the right upper corner where it displays
> which Fast User shell is open it states 'Unknown'. Going into the
> preferences and unchecking and then rechecking Fast User Switching then
> restores the correct name. It appears to be purely cosmetic, but I'd
> still like to solve it on a permanent basis.
>
> There is an attached jpg of what I see.

Please don't post attachments in news groups. The news server I use
strips them automatically, so it's a bit pointless.