FB11 256MB double or single sided RAM?

RR

I have a FIC FB11 with 128MB DIMMS.

I want to replace one or more with 256MB DIMMS.

My supplier wasn't sure whether the FB11 will accept 256MB single sided
DIMMS.

Apparently 256MB double sided is more compatible, but it's more expensive.

I've checked the FB11 compatibility report at FIC, but they only seem to
have tested with 256MB double sided.

Can anyone tell me if single sided will work with this motherboard?

thanks,
RR

steven67@

RR wrote:

> I have a FIC FB11 with 128MB DIMMS.
>
> I want to replace one or more with 256MB DIMMS.
>
> My supplier wasn't sure whether the FB11 will accept 256MB single sided
> DIMMS.
>
> Apparently 256MB double sided is more compatible, but it's more expensive.
>
> I've checked the FB11 compatibility report at FIC, but they only seem to
> have tested with 256MB double sided.
>
> Can anyone tell me if single sided will work with this motherboard?
>
> thanks,
> RR

..

A single-sided 256MB DIMM will not work properly with the FB11 motherboard.
This board uses an Intel 440BX chipset. The 440BX chipset supports chip
densities up to 128Mbits. A single-sided 256MB DIMM would use 256Mbit or
larger chips. You will need a 256MB DIMM that uses sixteen 16Mx8(128Mbits)
chips--eighteen chips if ECC.

Crucial guarantees that these DIMMs will be compatible with the FB11:
http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...ilMB=Y&cat=RAM