"The feature you are trying to use ..."

cmooreart

Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet PC, XP Pro, SP3. Windows XP Tablet Edition
preinstalled with computer.
Start computer.
Log In.
Window appears: "Windows Installer - Preparing to Install"
New Window appears: "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or
other removable disk that is not available. Insert the "Update Manager" disk
and click OK. Use source: 1." I select "browse" for lack of anything else
to select. The file Windows is looking for is ISUS.msi, an Installation
Package (*.msi).
I cannot locate this file ANYWHERE.
To end the window (which continues to pop up until I do this), I next open
Windows Task Manager. Select and right Click on "Windows Installer" entry.
Select "go to process". Results: Image Name: ISUSPM.exe. User Name: (me)
CPU: 00. Mem Usage: 13,660K.
Is anybody out there experiencing this besides me? How can I stop this
redundant issue or figure out what Windows wants from me? Thank you so much!

Rainald Taesler

cmooreart schrieb:

> Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet PC, XP Pro, SP3. Windows XP Tablet Edition
> preinstalled with computer.
> Start computer.
> Log In.
> Window appears: "Windows Installer - Preparing to Install"
> New Window appears: "The feature you are trying to use is on a
> CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the
> "Update Manager" disk and click OK. Use source: 1." I select
> "browse" for lack of anything else to select. The file Windows is
> looking for is ISUS.msi, an Installation Package (*.msi).
> I cannot locate this file ANYWHERE.
> To end the window (which continues to pop up until I do this), I
> next open Windows Task Manager. Select and right Click on "Windows
> Installer" entry. Select "go to process". Results: Image Name:
> ISUSPM.exe. User Name: (me) CPU: 00. Mem Usage: 13,660K.
> Is anybody out there experiencing this besides me? How can I stop
> this redundant issue or figure out what Windows wants from me?
> Thank you so much!

This is no common issue with TabletPCs.

So I'd suggest to ask Lenovo's support.

Rainald

Ron G.

ISUSPM.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files\Common Files" -
mainly C:\Program Files\Common Files\installshield\updateservice\

This file runs the Install Shield update Service Update Manager.
While this File ISUSPM.exe is not a Windows core file. The process starts
when Windows starts (see Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run,
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run).

I assume that you're not able to locate the file after doing an advanced
search of your pc including system files & hidden files. You have a couple
options to fix and/or almost the error.

1) Search the Windows Install Disk, Recovery Disk, partition, (as Lenovo
issued you) , and copy the file to directory mentioned above.
2) Disable auto run (if You are good in the registry Editor-only! Not
recommended otherwise.)

or try reinstalling: the update manager after you remove it via a tool from
install shields website. (See link for uninstall tool, install file, and more
info
http://consumerdocs.installshield.co...1006&sliceId=1

The actual service belongs to Macrovision(digital media copy protection) II
believe it will reinstall correctly if you follow instruct is in above link..
din not familiar with Lenovo land its always wise to check their website
support information first off

I hope this helps.

cmooreart

Well, it sure sounds better than what I've learned so far! I will try this
tonight and re-post if it works. Thank you so much! C Moore

"Ron G." wrote:

> ISUSPM.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files\Common Files" -
> mainly C:\Program Files\Common Files\installshield\updateservice\
>
> This file runs the Install Shield update Service Update Manager.
> While this File ISUSPM.exe is not a Windows core file. The process starts
> when Windows starts (see Registry key:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run,
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run).
>
> I assume that you're not able to locate the file after doing an advanced
> search of your pc including system files & hidden files. You have a couple
> options to fix and/or almost the error.
>
> 1) Search the Windows Install Disk, Recovery Disk, partition, (as Lenovo
> issued you) , and copy the file to directory mentioned above.
> 2) Disable auto run (if You are good in the registry Editor-only! Not
> recommended otherwise.)
>
> or try reinstalling: the update manager after you remove it via a tool from
> install shields website. (See link for uninstall tool, install file, and more
> info)
> http://consumerdocs.installshield.co...1006&sliceId=1
>
> The actual service belongs to Macrovision(digital media copy protection) II
> believe it will reinstall correctly if you follow instruct is in above link..
> din not familiar with Lenovo land its always wise to check their website
> support information first off
>
> I hope this helps.

saturn2008

I am having exactly the same problem and I am also unable to find the package
ISUS.msi any where, I even tried using Windows Update. The problem started
after Installing and running the System Mechanic 8 to fix and speed up my
computer.

"cmooreart" wrote:

> Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet PC, XP Pro, SP3. Windows XP Tablet Edition
> preinstalled with computer.
> Start computer.
> Log In.
> Window appears: "Windows Installer - Preparing to Install"
> New Window appears: "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or
> other removable disk that is not available. Insert the "Update Manager" disk
> and click OK. Use source: 1." I select "browse" for lack of anything else
> to select. The file Windows is looking for is ISUS.msi, an Installation
> Package (*.msi).
> I cannot locate this file ANYWHERE.
> To end the window (which continues to pop up until I do this), I next open
> Windows Task Manager. Select and right Click on "Windows Installer" entry.
> Select "go to process". Results: Image Name: ISUSPM.exe. User Name: (me)
> CPU: 00. Mem Usage: 13,660K.
> Is anybody out there experiencing this besides me? How can I stop this
> redundant issue or figure out what Windows wants from me? Thank you so much!

saturn2008

Thank you.