A Few Problems

Maelstrom

I've encountered a few annoying problems when working with my tablet on
Vista. Not sure if the problems are related to Vista, but I've been told they
were and it was working fine on XP.

1. On Tegaki E, which some of you may know of (probably not?), the lines
occasionally like splitting in half. I don't know if this is caused by a lag
or what, but it's incredibly annoying.

2. When using Vista's version of Paint, the action won't undo completely. A
bit of the line will stay and it's hampering my use of the program. This only
happens when the tablet is used.

3. This last one isn't too much of a problem. As most of you know, Windows
Live Messenger has has an ink message function. For some reason, when I undo,
the entire image disappears. It's not actually gone, per se, as switching out
of the ink message screen and back or changing the size of the canvas will
restore the image, but it's something that I would like to have fixed. What's
really perplexing is that sometimes the image doesn't disappear. There
doesn't seem to be a pattern to this, it's just sporadic. I don't think it's
limited to my tablet, either.

If anyone can help with that, I'd be much obliged. I'm not the most
technologically savvy person, though, so in layman's terms, if you will?

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> I'm not the most technologically savvy person... <<

Your question belies that claim... never seen any of the problems you
posted and they each would tend to indicate that you probably qualify as
a tablet power user ;-)

can't speak to tegaki as you just introduced me to it... and doing so
will probably get me hooked.

"undo's" are often "partitioned" by the app you are using... i.e.
pressing repeated undo's work backward step by step, so, one thought
that comes to mind is the possibility that the undo is seeing multiple
requests. I'd tinker with "redo" to see what that does as well as using
alternate methods to request undo's

As for the residuals, this is something I have gotten used to over time
and varies with each graphic program... there is often a "refresh" in
these programs which normally do a good job of removing residual
pixels... another trick is to move off the current screen and return
such as a pgdn/pgup.

A question would be why you use "paint" as it tends to be a the bottom
of the list of acceptable "paint" programs... there are a number of
third party programs, plus, would expect you could do what you need in
paint using journal... may need to set up a template with a blank
background.

Ok, question... what's a link to one of your tegaki entries?

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Maelstrom

Yep, I find that such things as writing with it and, well, anything else that
is not drawing/coloring with it is rather silly. Well, enough about my
personal opinions.

Yep, tried everything. Redo, undo, ctrl+z, etc. In fact, this is my last
ditch effort before I give up altogether.

Hahahaha, I just like it as the "pixel" program to use. I suppose I could
try to use Graphics Gale or something.

Also another issue I forgot to bring up is the pressure sensitivity seems to
not work in a certain oCv1.1. Or, well, not as it's supposed to. I find this
strange as it works on WLM's (MSN's) ink message function; I'm guessing it's
due to the fact that you can also toggle the pressure sensitivity on oC.

And sure, but I've got nothing good on there.

http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/images/...32265-5387.png

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

<http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/images/200803/14/05/120548532265-5387.png> <<

yep... you can't take life too seriously ;-)

Nice work though... the feelings come easily through minimal lines.

Thanks... sorry that I don't have any solutions to your problems.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]