FIC AN19E No Boot Problem - HELP!

moneytrain8

Hello,

I have the AN19E. Itís about 1.5 years old and really hasnít been much
trouble until recently. Here goes:

I have 2 HDDs on IDE0, and the 2 CD drives on IDE1. I wanted to add
two more HDDs to the system. I did the first one successfully, adding
a 120GB drive to ne of the two "raid" ports on the board. Everything
was peachy.

Then, I bought a 160GB drive a few weeks ago. I hooked it up on the
same IDE cable as the 120GB drive. When I went to reboot, it would not
do so. It would get to the HighPoint part, find the two drives on the
extra IDE, then sit there.

I tried moving it to the other IDE/RAID port, and it did boot up...
once... and even recognized the drives. However, the drives
disappeared a short time later, and when I went to re-boot... the same
boot problem.

Hereís where it gets even more convoluted. If I disconnect the IDE
cable with the two extra drives, it STILL wonít boot. It gets past
that HighPoint part, then the blinking cursor just sits in the upper
left corner. I then disconnect two of the USB cables controlling my
printer and UPS, and it booted up fine. This is strange.

I know there could be a number of reasons, I guess, and Iíve tried not
to be too vague or incomplete... does anyone have any idea what I
might try to get it to recognize these drives and boot up when
connected? I have tried the "fail-safe" and "optimized" options in
the BIOS to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/FIC-AN...pict60103.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=303784

Alex Zorrilla

Maybe it is a power supply problem? The hard drives use +5V and +12V
from the power supply. USB uses +5V. PCI cards use either +3.3V or
+5V. AGP card uses some of wach. If you have a motherboard without the
4-pin 12V power connector, then the CPU also uses +5V.

In other words, it could be that the power supply does not provide
enough current on the +5V rail to power everything at once. I noticed
you said you disconnected the IDE cable, but you said nothing about
disconnecting the power cable to the hard drives. Try that and see if
it makes any difference.

FIC VI35L USB problem Daniel FIC 3 08-16-2007 10:41 PM
FIC VA503+ Windows 98SE Shut Down Problem in AT Case OldPCMan FIC 0 06-13-2006 02:36 AM
Weird acting power-on button and AN19E Paul T. Winkfield FIC 1 04-12-2004 06:19 PM
New AN19E system built, one beep now dead! advise please Paul T. Winkfield FIC 4 01-06-2004 05:01 PM
AN19E MAJOR probs! Help AngnDame FIC 1 07-09-2003 05:27 AM