FIC VI35L USB problem

Daniel

Hi,
After my 3 1/2 year eMachines system suddenly died a couple of weeks ago, I
decided to building a new system with some old parts. I used a FIC VI35L
mother board (SiS651 chip) for the system, and anything worked out great.
WELL....one big problem
though, my USB ports are always powered on after I turn off my computer for
some reason - START > TURN OFF COMPUTER > TURN
OFF.. That of course causes some problems, like with my Epson Scanner
be in "idle mode" with the start light on all the time. I am running
Windows XP with service pack 2 installed. I sure have never experienced
anything like this with other systems

I did go on the FIC website and left a request for help last week - nothing
yet from them .Any thoughts...............

Thanks,
Dan

Kyle

Get a copy of the motherboard manual, there are typically jumpers to
control power to USB devices, default jumper position is usually "no
power", but if you want to wake up your machine using a USB mouse or
keyboard, this feature is handy to leave as it is.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Daniel" <dcxdanATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi,
| After my 3 1/2 year eMachines system suddenly died a couple of weeks
ago, I
| decided to building a new system with some old parts. I used a FIC
VI35L
| mother board (SiS651 chip) for the system, and anything worked out
great.
| WELL....one big problem
| though, my USB ports are always powered on after I turn off my
computer for
| some reason - START > TURN OFF COMPUTER > TURN
| OFF.. That of course causes some problems, like with my Epson
Scanner
| be in "idle mode" with the start light on all the time. I am
running
| Windows XP with service pack 2 installed. I sure have never
experienced
| anything like this with other systems
|
| I did go on the FIC website and left a request for help last week -
nothing
| yet from them .Any thoughts...............
|
| Thanks,
| Dan

Daniel

Thanks, I am still looking for that jumper - if there is one.

Dan

"Kyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Get a copy of the motherboard manual, there are typically jumpers to
> control power to USB devices, default jumper position is usually "no
> power", but if you want to wake up your machine using a USB mouse or
> keyboard, this feature is handy to leave as it is.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kyle
> "Daniel" <dcxdanATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Hi,
> | After my 3 1/2 year eMachines system suddenly died a couple of weeks
> ago, I
> | decided to building a new system with some old parts. I used a FIC
> VI35L
> | mother board (SiS651 chip) for the system, and anything worked out
> great.
> | WELL....one big problem
> | though, my USB ports are always powered on after I turn off my
> computer for
> | some reason - START > TURN OFF COMPUTER > TURN
> | OFF.. That of course causes some problems, like with my Epson
> Scanner
> | be in "idle mode" with the start light on all the time. I am
> running
> | Windows XP with service pack 2 installed. I sure have never
> experienced
> | anything like this with other systems
> |
> | I did go on the FIC website and left a request for help last week -
> nothing
> | yet from them .Any thoughts...............
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Dan

nathan bean

http://www.fic.com.tw/support/downlo...ip&info=manual