Filing a complaint at the next level

Junior Member

I sent my DV9000 laptop to HP after a BIOS upgrade bricked it.

They fixed the BIOS problem (by replacing the motherboard), but also claim that they received it with a cracked LCD screen that needs fixing at $425 !

The laptop was fine when I sent it in, but I stupidly didn't take any pictures of it. So now, after an HP-suggested failed BIOS upgrade forces me to send the laptop in, I am left with an worthless PC, courtesy of HP.

Is there any way I can address this situation at a higher level than the CS drones?

Word of advice: save video of the state of equipment at the time of shipping, and yourself packing anything you send into manufacturers, and preferably have it show you dropping it off at the shipper (FedEx etc) as well.