Motherboard Forums

Filing a complaint at the next level

05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
I sent my DV9000 laptop to HP after a BIOS upgrade bricked it.

They fixed the BIOS problem (by replacing the motherboard), but also claim that they received it with a cracked LCD screen that needs fixing at $425 !

The laptop was fine when I sent it in, but I stupidly didn't take any pictures of it. So now, after an HP-suggested failed BIOS upgrade forces me to send the laptop in, I am left with an worthless PC, courtesy of HP.

Is there any way I can address this situation at a higher level than the CS drones?

Word of advice: save video of the state of equipment at the time of shipping, and yourself packing anything you send into manufacturers, and preferably have it show you dropping it off at the shipper (FedEx etc) as well.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off