Firmware password reset on Sun Blade 100

Robert Meyer

Hi,
We bought some used Sun Blade 100s and do not have
the firmware password. Does anyone know how to reset it?
--- Thanks,
R. Meyer

Robert Meyer

So, I should have been a bit more clear.
There is no OS. They came minus drives,
and we have put drives in, but of course
there's no system on them yet. The goal
is to boot from CD and install a system.

So, when it fails to boot from the disk,
hitting STOP-A brings up this message:
Type go, boot, or login.
Trying to boot CD, it asks for a password.
---R. Meyer

"Trinean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Robert Meyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9AB7961E44AD2meyerclarksonedu@198.186.190. 224...
>> Hi,
>> We bought some used Sun Blade 100s and do not have
>> the firmware password. Does anyone know how to reset it?
>> --- Thanks,
>> R. Meyer

> Will it boot or does it ask for the firmware password just to get to
> the ok> prompt?
> If you can get a bootable OS you can change the password from the OS.
> Otherwise you'll have to replace the NVRAM if the seller can't tell
> you what the password is.
>
> Trinean

Reginald Beardsley

Robert Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
> We bought some used Sun Blade 100s and do not have
> the firmware password. Does anyone know how to reset it?
> --- Thanks,
> R. Meyer

I don't know if this is valid any longer, but it used to work.

http://www.squirrel.com/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html

Have Fun!
Reg