HOW TO FLASH IBM THINKPAD BIOS W/O BATTERY

x11nt4@juno.com

I am posting this after having issues with this and have found a
solution. Being as I only have this on 1 IBM it is hard for me to say
it will work for all, however, here it is...

I SERIES 1400 2611-412

Flash utility creates a bootable floppy. Contained within the floppy
is a program called "IFLASH.EXE". You will have to boot using a real
DOS boot floppy or Windows created boot floppy or copy command.com to
the IBM made boot floppy to access dos command prompt.

Now type IFLASH.EXE BIOSIMAGEFILENAME.BIN i.e "iflash.exe
ham3_a4e.bin"

It will load from the floppy for a while. Let it sit and do it's thing
untill it goes back to the command prompt. Now your bios is flashed to
the latest one. To check this reboot and enter BIOS and verify the
bios version.

The IFLASH program is silent so be sure not to mistake it for a system
crash or lockup and restart in the middle of it's flash as this will
ruin the bios. Once it returns to the command prompt, it should be
safe to restart the pc. I hope this helps others with this problem!