Fn x F7 and Win7 on a T30

Tony Yarwood

Hi all

Sorry to bother you all with this but I'm a bit flummoxed.

Can't get Fn x F7 to work on my T30 running Win7 no matter how I press
them I end up with both the Laptop screen and the external monitor on.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Tony

Google ain't your friend.
More privacy, no tracking.
http://clusty.com/

Robert Tomsick

Tony Yarwood wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Sorry to bother you all with this but I'm a bit flummoxed.
>
> Can't get Fn x F7 to work on my T30 running Win7 no matter how I press
> them I end up with both the Laptop screen and the external monitor on.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.

Do you have all the ThinkVantage tools (including the hotkey drivers)
installed?

-Rob

Tony Yarwood

On Sun, 23 May 2010 22:29:25 +0000 (UTC), Robert Tomsick
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tony Yarwood wrote:
>

>> Hi all
>>
>> Sorry to bother you all with this but I'm a bit flummoxed.
>>
>> Can't get Fn x F7 to work on my T30 running Win7 no matter how I press
>> them I end up with both the Laptop screen and the external monitor on.
>>
>> Any help greatly appreciated.

>Do you have all the ThinkVantage tools (including the hotkey drivers)
>installed?
>
>-Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for that, you're absolutely right I'm sure it's something like
the hotkey driver. The bugger seems to be getting a Win 7 compatible
driver, I've got ThinkVantage but it tells me I'm fully up to date and
I've crawled all over Lenova's site but the manual downloads only
seem to go up to XP.

Gotta go to work, will try later, many thanks for your time and
trouble.

Best regards

Tony

Google ain't your friend.
More privacy, no tracking.
http://clusty.com/

I block all posts from googlegroups. If you wish your thoughts
to be seen by everyone you'll have to find a different method of
posting.

Horst Franke

In news:4bfa5daf$0$7319$(E-Mail Removed) Tony Yarwood wrote:

>>> Can't get Fn x F7 to work on my T30 running Win7 no matter how I
>>> press them I end up with both the Laptop screen and the external
>>> monitor on.

Hi Tony
looks like there is no more T30 support for Win7.

See last link at bottom on the forum. May give best results?

I found following pages
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...&validate=true

You must do a more indepth search on that.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...&q=hotkey&ff=1

Second hit but the details don't talk about Win7.
But there are 3179 hits.

May be Lenovo does not have a new hotkey driver for Win7?
Then I would look for a Vista driver.
OR do a search on all Win7 results on Lenovo.

On the other hand I also had previous BAD experience with that driver.

What function should be resulted by Fn+F7?
You said T30 screen and external monitor are ON!?

I have a G40 with WinXP-Pro but could not yet check on that.
If I boot it, it shutdowns immediately (may be of too much dust)?

> Hi Rob
> Thanks for that, you're absolutely right I'm sure it's something like
> the hotkey driver. The bugger seems to be getting a Win 7 compatible
> driver, I've got ThinkVantage but it tells me I'm fully up to date and
> I've crawled all over Lenova's site but the manual downloads only
> seem to go up to XP.

What do You mean by a "Win7 compatible driver"?
Is this a MS or a Lenovo message?

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...10&nf=26&ff=24
presents only 1176 hits.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...26&nf=35&ff=24
presents only 431 hits.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...26&nf=38&ff=24
presents 85 hits.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-...p/73014#M23778
could also be of any help?

See also the forum search on "Fn+F7" with 297 posts:
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/s...sage?q=Fn%2BF7

"Presentation director" may also be involved? See posts on above link.

Horst

M2N-E and Win7 DraggonFodder Asus 11 10-25-2009 01:34 PM
Re: OT: Win7 pricing and sale dates Bobby Shafto Dell 2 06-26-2009 04:38 PM
Re: OT: Win7 pricing and sale dates Ben Myers Dell 2 06-26-2009 04:31 AM
ThinkPad T30 2366-41U ThinkPad T30 2366-41U ThinkPad T30 memory issue klouse Laptops 8 11-09-2006 12:39 AM
IBM T30, T30 or R50e BobH IBM Thinkpad 5 11-23-2005 12:49 AM