FN41 mobo problem with cpu overtemp

Erwien

Hi,

I am having a problem with FN41 mobo. Right after I turned it on,
about one second later it shut down and the cpu overtemp led is on.
The LED remains on until I unplugged the cable.

I tried to reset the CMOS, with no success. What should I do here?

Thanks!

Eric Parker

"Erwien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem with FN41 mobo. Right after I turned it on,
> about one second later it shut down and the cpu overtemp led is on.
> The LED remains on until I unplugged the cable.
>
> I tried to reset the CMOS, with no success. What should I do here?
>
> Thanks!

Erwien

Have you tried taking the heatsink off, cleaning it of paste, cleaning
the
CPU of paste, then applying more paste and reseating the heatsink ?

Eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Junior Member

Hi,
I am having the same problem. Have removed the cpu and cleaned etc. now put it all back in and repaired a vista installation. All seemed to have been cured but then "bang" off it goes with the red led on.