Formating Presario 1681

Miss Jo Anne CD

Hello..I have a friend who has a Compaq Presario 1681 someone gave him and he
wishes to format it and do a clean install of Windows XP onto it...How would
one format the hard drive of this particular computer and how does one start it
in MS-DOS mode?..Thank you ever so much

David B.

You format it the same way you format any other drive. Boot from the XP CD and it'll give you the option of deleting and creating
new partitions during setup, no need to worry about booting to DOS.

"Miss Jo Anne CD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello..I have a friend who has a Compaq Presario 1681 someone gave him and he
> wishes to format it and do a clean install of Windows XP onto it...How would
> one format the hard drive of this particular computer and how does one start it
> in MS-DOS mode?..Thank you ever so much

weird red pixels on acer aspire 1681... what is the problem? shigata Laptops 0 02-11-2006 01:31 AM
DAT formating-tool Armin Schulz HP 5 12-15-2005 11:56 AM
Formating SATA Drive on P4PE Avery Asus 5 06-09-2004 12:06 AM
formating HD I-5100 Carole Dell 1 02-16-2004 05:12 AM
formating harddrive. Windows Home XP Who Cares Gateway 2 08-04-2003 05:23 PM