Front Connections for SB 5.1 Live

Bob Zeitlhofer

I appologise if the question's been asked before but, is there a simple way
to get the connections from a SB5.1 Live card to the front of the PC? After
market 5.25inch fitting? DIY fitting? Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Bob Z

Lenny

> I appologise if the question's been asked before but, is there a simple

way
> to get the connections from a SB5.1 Live card to the front of the PC?

Your question is a bit too general in nature to be answered in a short
sentence.

Do you have a case with front-mounted jacks? Some recent ones do. If not,
you'll have to invent it yourself. Whip out your dremel and soldering iron
and beaver away!

Then again, you could buy something like a simple mixer at a music
instruments/MIDI synth store or such and place it in a convenient place
after hooking it up to your soundcard, then connect whatever listening
device of your choice to the mixer.

Bob Zed

I guess I don't know what I don't know with regard to a solution but what
I'd like to do is be able to easily swap devices on the line in such
turntable, casette player etc. and headphones and portable mp3 devices on
the outputs. I'm happy to make/invent something at the front of the case to
fix necessary sockets so that's not a problem.

What I'd like to know is, is there any way of taking the connections from
the SB card to my invented front plate/cover internally in the PC? ie, are
there
connectors on the SB card that I could use to bring the connections to the
front? The online tech manual isn't all that clear in this regard.

Hopefully I've been clearer this time. Thanks for the response.

Bob Z

news:TWSXb.49151$(E-Mail Removed)...