Front Panel Connections - HOW???

Linux Man

I 'm building a computer using an Abit NF7-S motherboard and an Antec Super
Lanboy case. Here's my problem that I need some guidance on. I've searched
and searched and can't find anything that explains this in detail. Perhaps,
I'm confused about something that's pretty simple for most. Please bear
with me.

The wires for the case's front panel connectors are as follows:
MICROPHONE: Mic, Mic Bias, Ground
SPEAKERS: FPOUT-R, FPOUT-L, RET-R, RET-L, and Ground.

The pin-out the FPIO2 Header on my mb according to the user's manual is as
follows:
1-MIC, 2-GND, 3-NoConn, 4-VCC, 5-FrontRight, 6-FrontRight, 7-NoConn,
8-NoPin, 9-FrontLeft, 10-Front-Left, 11-GND, 12-SPDIF-In, 13-VCC,
14-SPDIF-Out. The motherboard has jumpers on pins 5-6 and pins 9-10.

Here're my questions:

1. Where do the three microphone wires go? I know the ground connector
goes to pin 2, GND, but what pins should the Mic and Mic Bias be connected
to? Which connector connects to Pin 1, MIC and Pin 4, VCC.

2. Do I remove the motherboard jumpers on pins 5-6 and 9-10 and connect the
speaker wires? If so, won't this disable my rear connections? What I want
is to have both the front connectors and rear connectors to function.

Thanks in advance for some explaination. Once I get through this dilemma,
I'm ready to turn on the juice and fire up my new computer.

Linux Man

Oops! Sorry about this post, I should of sent it to the Abit newsgroup.

"Linux Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:G5RQb.5670$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I 'm building a computer using an Abit NF7-S motherboard and an Antec

Super
> Lanboy case. Here's my problem that I need some guidance on. I've

searched
> and searched and can't find anything that explains this in detail.

Perhaps,
> I'm confused about something that's pretty simple for most. Please bear
> with me.
>
> The wires for the case's front panel connectors are as follows:
> MICROPHONE: Mic, Mic Bias, Ground
> SPEAKERS: FPOUT-R, FPOUT-L, RET-R, RET-L, and Ground.
>
> The pin-out the FPIO2 Header on my mb according to the user's manual is as
> follows:
> 1-MIC, 2-GND, 3-NoConn, 4-VCC, 5-FrontRight, 6-FrontRight, 7-NoConn,
> 8-NoPin, 9-FrontLeft, 10-Front-Left, 11-GND, 12-SPDIF-In, 13-VCC,
> 14-SPDIF-Out. The motherboard has jumpers on pins 5-6 and pins 9-10.
>
> Here're my questions:
>
> 1. Where do the three microphone wires go? I know the ground connector
> goes to pin 2, GND, but what pins should the Mic and Mic Bias be connected
> to? Which connector connects to Pin 1, MIC and Pin 4, VCC.
>
> 2. Do I remove the motherboard jumpers on pins 5-6 and 9-10 and connect

the
> speaker wires? If so, won't this disable my rear connections? What I

want
> is to have both the front connectors and rear connectors to function.
>
> Thanks in advance for some explaination. Once I get through this dilemma,
> I'm ready to turn on the juice and fire up my new computer.

KB

Did you say ABIT??
If so then this is for Asus boards.
Anyway, if there are jumpers then if off you will only have front audio
jacks, if on then only normal onboard jacks.

Like I said, if you have the Abit board then why choose this NG?

"Linux Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:G5RQb.5670$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I 'm building a computer using an Abit NF7-S motherboard and an Antec

Super
> Lanboy case. Here's my problem that I need some guidance on. I've

searched
> and searched and can't find anything that explains this in detail.

Perhaps,
> I'm confused about something that's pretty simple for most. Please bear
> with me.
>
> The wires for the case's front panel connectors are as follows:
> MICROPHONE: Mic, Mic Bias, Ground
> SPEAKERS: FPOUT-R, FPOUT-L, RET-R, RET-L, and Ground.
>
> The pin-out the FPIO2 Header on my mb according to the user's manual is as
> follows:
> 1-MIC, 2-GND, 3-NoConn, 4-VCC, 5-FrontRight, 6-FrontRight, 7-NoConn,
> 8-NoPin, 9-FrontLeft, 10-Front-Left, 11-GND, 12-SPDIF-In, 13-VCC,
> 14-SPDIF-Out. The motherboard has jumpers on pins 5-6 and pins 9-10.
>
> Here're my questions:
>
> 1. Where do the three microphone wires go? I know the ground connector
> goes to pin 2, GND, but what pins should the Mic and Mic Bias be connected
> to? Which connector connects to Pin 1, MIC and Pin 4, VCC.
>
> 2. Do I remove the motherboard jumpers on pins 5-6 and 9-10 and connect

the
> speaker wires? If so, won't this disable my rear connections? What I

want
> is to have both the front connectors and rear connectors to function.
>
> Thanks in advance for some explaination. Once I get through this dilemma,
> I'm ready to turn on the juice and fire up my new computer.

Linux Man

Dude, can you say M-I-S-T-A-K-E !!!! I think I should be entitled to one
every now and then. By the way, I own Asus boards, too.

"KB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:usRQb.18938$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> Did you say ABIT??
> If so then this is for Asus boards.
> Anyway, if there are jumpers then if off you will only have front audio
> jacks, if on then only normal onboard jacks.
>
> Like I said, if you have the Abit board then why choose this NG?

> "Linux Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:G5RQb.5670$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I 'm building a computer using an Abit NF7-S motherboard and an Antec

> Super
> > Lanboy case. Here's my problem that I need some guidance on. I've

> searched
> > and searched and can't find anything that explains this in detail.

> Perhaps,
> > I'm confused about something that's pretty simple for most. Please bear
> > with me.
> >
> > The wires for the case's front panel connectors are as follows:
> > MICROPHONE: Mic, Mic Bias, Ground
> > SPEAKERS: FPOUT-R, FPOUT-L, RET-R, RET-L, and Ground.
> >
> > The pin-out the FPIO2 Header on my mb according to the user's manual is

as
> > follows:
> > 1-MIC, 2-GND, 3-NoConn, 4-VCC, 5-FrontRight, 6-FrontRight, 7-NoConn,
> > 8-NoPin, 9-FrontLeft, 10-Front-Left, 11-GND, 12-SPDIF-In, 13-VCC,
> > 14-SPDIF-Out. The motherboard has jumpers on pins 5-6 and pins 9-10.
> >
> > Here're my questions:
> >
> > 1. Where do the three microphone wires go? I know the ground connector
> > goes to pin 2, GND, but what pins should the Mic and Mic Bias be

connected
> > to? Which connector connects to Pin 1, MIC and Pin 4, VCC.
> >
> > 2. Do I remove the motherboard jumpers on pins 5-6 and 9-10 and connect

> the
> > speaker wires? If so, won't this disable my rear connections? What I

> want
> > is to have both the front connectors and rear connectors to function.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for some explaination. Once I get through this

dilemma,
> > I'm ready to turn on the juice and fire up my new computer.

KB

Mistook
news:k1TQb.8853$(E-Mail Removed)...