Fujitsu Cordant Motherboard GA 81SXT faulty - replacement - which one

MD

Need to replace the motherboard only as it is faulty. can I get a
direct replacement or if not, which motherboard is best as a
replacement so I can use the existing processor/memory etc

TIA

Paul

MD wrote:
> Need to replace the motherboard only as it is faulty. can I get a
> direct replacement or if not, which motherboard is best as a
> replacement so I can use the existing processor/memory etc
>
> TIA

You'll have better luck searching, by changing the second
character to the letter I. Board uses an 865PE. It is
out of stock here, but was for sale at one time.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?Inv...X-WB&cpc=RECOM

For remaining 865PE stock, at least some of it will be
"pulls" from working equipment. And price-wise, at least
one seller on this page, thinks customers will pay a
high price for an 865PE board. Ebay would be another
option.

http://castle.pricewatch.com/s/search.asp?s=865pe

When searching for a replacement, make sure the advert
says "865PE" and "S478", because there were some boards
made with socket LGA775 that have the 865PE chipset
as well. This motherboard, for example, won't work for
you, because it is LGA775 socket. The board uses the
865PE chipset. So your search terms should include S478.

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...66&modelmenu=1

If you cannot find any desirable 865PE boards, the chipsets
form a family. 875P, 865PE, 865G (not GV), 848, are examples
of things that could be used. Even an 845PE based board,
a previous generation chipset could be used, but 845PE
is a single channel board, with FSB limitations if your
current processor is FSB800 (it would make a crappy
replacement).

The 865G type boards were in production the longest,
of the family. 865G has built-in graphics.

The reason you would not want an 865GV, is no AGP slot.
There are even some motherboard PCBs, designed for an
AGP slot and 865G, that have an 865GV soldered to them,
and the AGP connector is not soldered in place. That
would help the manufacturer get rid of their stock
of 865GV chips, but is no help to the average
consumer that wants an AGP slot.

When my 875P board dies, I'll be shoveling dirt over mine :-)

Good luck,
Paul