functionality of CCD87 Front Illuminated

alb

Hi everyone,
I've been chasing this for a while but haven't found much (this is the
only reference so far
http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/sites/defau..._fi_4p_imo.pdf).

If anyone has any information about this component (a CCD from e2v
technologies which apparently is not on the list of their current
products) please let me know either privately or publicly.
Thanks,

Al

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

langwadt@fonz.dk

On 16 Jan., 15:37, alb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I've been chasing this for a while but haven't found much (this is the
> only reference so farhttp://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/sites/default/files/ccd87_fi_4p_imo.pdf).
>
> If anyone has any information about this component (a CCD from e2v
> technologies which apparently is not on the list of their current
> products) please let me know either privately or publicly.
> Thanks,
>
> Al

one of the first hits on google is this:
http://www.emccd.com/downloads/pdfs/...techniques.pdf

it is a rather expensive device, why don't you give them a call, they
are nice guys

-Lasse

alb

> On 16 Jan., 15:37, alb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I've been chasing this for a while but haven't found much (this is the
>> only reference so farhttp://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/sites/default/files/ccd87_fi_4p_imo.pdf).
>>
>> If anyone has any information about this component (a CCD from e2v
>> technologies which apparently is not on the list of their current
>> products) please let me know either privately or publicly.
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Al
>>

> one of the first hits on google is this:
> http://www.emccd.com/downloads/pdfs/...techniques.pdf

thanks for the link, I forgot to mention that I already checked the
first 20 hits on google to look for a detailed datasheet.

> it is a rather expensive device, why don't you give them a call, they
> are nice guys

it could be a good idea. I believe that even though they are not
producing the chip anymore they may very well have a datasheet or some
user manual. Money is not a problem, the chips have been already bought
by somebody else :-)

The unfortunate thing is that the hardware behavior does not follow the
description I have. It might be an hardware configuration (bug?) and/or
an incomplete description.

Reverse engineering can be painful at times (even though very interesting!).