FX5200 (non Ultra) with Passive Cooling

Harry Muscle

Can anyone recommend any FX5200 (non Ultra) cards that come with passive
cooling? I'm trying to create a farily quite system and the quietest card
I've found so far is the MSI card which runns around 43dBA. Comparing that
to my 21dBA Vantec Stealth fans makes me think that it's going to sound like
a vacum cleaner.

So far the only card I've found with passive cooling is the Gainward cards,
however, since they have a 64bit and a 128bit version, the 128bit version
costs way more than it should compared to other 128bits. I just don't want
to spend more money to get a product that should cost less because it
doesn't have a fan.

I'm also open to the idea of getting a heatsink and replacing the fan on the
card. However, the only solution I've found so far is made by Zalman, it's
huge, and it costs way to much.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Harry

P.S. I've also found the Elsa cards to have passive cooling, however, I
can't find a distributor for them in North America, if you know of any place
carrying Elsa cards, I'd be interested in that too. Thanks again.

ValGLA

I got the xfx 5200 with passive cooling for quiet:
PVT34KNA GEFORCE FX 5200 128 MB DDR DVI & TV Out

Works fine.
--

Cordiale salutation.

"Harry Muscle" <fake@(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f38ed9e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend any FX5200 (non Ultra) cards that come with passive
> cooling? I'm trying to create a farily quite system and the quietest card
> I've found so far is the MSI card which runns around 43dBA. Comparing

that
> to my 21dBA Vantec Stealth fans makes me think that it's going to sound

like
> a vacum cleaner.
>
> So far the only card I've found with passive cooling is the Gainward

cards,
> however, since they have a 64bit and a 128bit version, the 128bit version
> costs way more than it should compared to other 128bits. I just don't

want
> to spend more money to get a product that should cost less because it
> doesn't have a fan.
>
> I'm also open to the idea of getting a heatsink and replacing the fan on

the
> card. However, the only solution I've found so far is made by Zalman,

it's
> huge, and it costs way to much.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Harry
>
> P.S. I've also found the Elsa cards to have passive cooling, however, I
> can't find a distributor for them in North America, if you know of any

place
> carrying Elsa cards, I'd be interested in that too. Thanks again.

> -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Mario Kadastik

Harry Muscle wrote:

> Can anyone recommend any FX5200 (non Ultra) cards that come with passive
> cooling? I'm trying to create a farily quite system and the quietest card
> I've found so far is the MSI card which runns around 43dBA. Comparing that
> to my 21dBA Vantec Stealth fans makes me think that it's going to sound like
> a vacum cleaner.
>
> So far the only card I've found with passive cooling is the Gainward cards,
> however, since they have a 64bit and a 128bit version, the 128bit version
> costs way more than it should compared to other 128bits. I just don't want
> to spend more money to get a product that should cost less because it
> doesn't have a fan.

Asus V9520/Magic is without a fan, but it's 64bit DDR also. No 128 bit
version without fan.

Mario

Ron Merts

eVGA FX 5200 cards and Palit Daytona FX 5200 cards are all passive cooling
as long as you stay away from the Ultra model.

Ron

"Harry Muscle" <fake@(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f38ed9e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend any FX5200 (non Ultra) cards that come with passive
> cooling? I'm trying to create a farily quite system and the quietest card
> I've found so far is the MSI card which runns around 43dBA. Comparing

that
> to my 21dBA Vantec Stealth fans makes me think that it's going to sound

like
> a vacum cleaner.
>
> So far the only card I've found with passive cooling is the Gainward

cards,
> however, since they have a 64bit and a 128bit version, the 128bit version
> costs way more than it should compared to other 128bits. I just don't

want
> to spend more money to get a product that should cost less because it
> doesn't have a fan.
>
> I'm also open to the idea of getting a heatsink and replacing the fan on

the
> card. However, the only solution I've found so far is made by Zalman,

it's
> huge, and it costs way to much.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Harry
>
> P.S. I've also found the Elsa cards to have passive cooling, however, I
> can't find a distributor for them in North America, if you know of any

place
> carrying Elsa cards, I'd be interested in that too. Thanks again.

> -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Geforce2 GTS Passive Cooling? fred Asus 4 04-02-2006 02:53 AM
7N400Pro2 Rev.1-NOISY North Bridge Cooling Fan-Replacement Fan or OTHER (Passive Heat Sink???) WHERE? Hammer Toe Gigabyte 3 05-09-2004 08:24 PM
Passive cooling again... Wojtek Epox 2 04-07-2004 12:02 PM
IS-7 / ti4400 ==> passive zalman cooling possible? Promy Abit 0 01-20-2004 09:43 AM
Passive Cooling on P4S8X in Antec Overture Case mattimus Asus 1 11-07-2003 09:07 PM