G400 rest in peace

JF

Well, i had bury my G400 today after many great years of service.
Either my monitor took out the video card or the card took out the
monitor because neither of them work any more. Luckily one of my spare
computers had a G400Max in it, so now its in the primary one. I just
may have to spring for another one soon.
JF

Hackworth

"JF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Well, i had bury my G400 today after many great years of service.
> Either my monitor took out the video card or the card took out the
> monitor because neither of them work any more. Luckily one of my spare
> computers had a G400Max in it, so now its in the primary one. I just
> may have to spring for another one soon.

I have a Radeon 9600 Pro in my primary machine, mostly because I do play the
occasional game with my son (and of course he likes games such as Star Wars
Jedi Academy, Star Trek Elite Force 2, blah blah that require a
fire-breathing video card). Fortunately, the Radeon has pretty decent
2D/text... it's a fairly close second to Matrox in that department.

Still, with all of that said, I miss the old G400Max. That's one hell of a
graphics card. I sold mine last year on ebay and got a hefty amount for it,
proving that the card has staying power. It may not be sexy hardware
according to some of today's video card standards, but quality always stays
in style. ;-)

ttfg

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:33:41 -0700, JF <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well, i had bury my G400 today after many great years of service.
>Either my monitor took out the video card or the card took out the
>monitor because neither of them work any more. Luckily one of my spare
>computers had a G400Max in it, so now its in the primary one. I just
>may have to spring for another one soon.
>JF

I've got one (32mb) in a drawer in a static pouch, and two tv out cables. For a
fair price, I will be happy to sell. I stopped using multi-monitors and also
went to a capture card (ATI 7500) so I won't be needing the G400 again. Email me
if interested. You can check this email addy on ebay for my feedback rating.

Also have two Diamond Viper V330 cards (another great card in its time) if
anyone is interested.

JF

Sorry, but i'd already found one. You're right about the viper 330
card. It was a great card for its time.
JF