G450 DVD playback problem

MBR

I've searched for, but not found, the answer to this problem. I have a
P4 1.6 on a MSI 645e Max2 MB running XP Pro SP2. I just installed the
G450 dualhead, along with the latest Matrox software, and am having
problems with the DVD playback being very dark and fuzzy. This is true
for both WinDVD and Windows Media player. Occasionally the picture
will appear sharp, but mostly it just stays rather poor. I'm sure that
I've missed something on the install, but am uncertain where to look.
Other than the DVD problem, the screen looks fantasic.

Any words of wisdom to share? Thanks!

Rick

"MBR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I've searched for, but not found, the answer to this problem. I have a
> P4 1.6 on a MSI 645e Max2 MB running XP Pro SP2. I just installed the
> G450 dualhead, along with the latest Matrox software, and am having
> problems with the DVD playback being very dark and fuzzy. This is true
> for both WinDVD and Windows Media player. Occasionally the picture
> will appear sharp, but mostly it just stays rather poor. I'm sure that
> I've missed something on the install, but am uncertain where to look.
> Other than the DVD problem, the screen looks fantasic.
>
> Any words of wisdom to share? Thanks!

Most likely either a third-party codec is interfering with
DVD playback, or you have overridden the DirectX
refresh rate for DVD playback (via dxdiag.exe/

Need help troubleshooting DVD playback problem on Win98SE, P4 2GHz machine Warren Intel 1 08-05-2004 06:02 AM
What's the difference between DVD+Ram, DVD-R/DVD-RW and DVD+R/DVD+RW Joe Wilson Hardware 1 03-03-2004 12:36 AM
DVD playback problem Chris ATI 3 02-07-2004 05:03 PM
DVD playback problem with PowerDVD PKC ATI 7 11-18-2003 04:14 PM
Win2K SP4, Matrox G450 and DVD problems Dragan Cvetkovic Matrox 7 08-25-2003 12:38 PM