GA-EP35C-DS3R audio problem.

Max Kirgan

Hi, I'm using a GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R mobo and I'm having trouble wit
the digital audio. In the Windows sound control panel, the option fo
selecting digital audio out isn't even there. I've tried reinstallin
the Realtek drivers to no avail. I was hoping somebody could help me a
I'm ready to pull my hair out

--
Max Kirgan

Paul

Max Kirgan wrote:
> Hi, I'm using a GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R mobo and I'm having trouble with
> the digital audio. In the Windows sound control panel, the option for
> selecting digital audio out isn't even there. I've tried reinstalling
> the Realtek drivers to no avail. I was hoping somebody could help me as
> I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Have you checked the RealTek control panel ?

The jack field should show there is a digital jack of some sort.
It would be more of a problem if that was missing, as it would
imply the mapping of jacks is wrong for the motherboard. (That
is typically controlled by an extra-large .inf file.)

The digital interface has a wrench-shaped circular button (blue background),
and digital preferences would be there.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA.../c00378269.jpg

( From http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00377375 )

HP has a few audio setup pages like that, which show what hides behind the
various buttons.

I can't say whether disabling digital output in that panel, would
remove a digital option from the Windows sound output preference, but
I suppose it's possible. The only RealTek which is handy to me right
now, doesn't have any digital output (S/PDIF or TOSLink).

This is a picture of what is shown in the user manual, and there
are two items in the lower right, as well as the "wrench" with
preferences hiding in it.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/1...lowerright.gif

Paul