GA-EX58-UD4P northbridge & cooling

Sherwin

Has anyone experienced their boards running hot? I have the stock cpu
fan (not overclocking for now), but used a higher grade paste. Still
running high 80s for some apps, I have heard some others had problems,
but majority seemed to be fine running stock/no OC.

Is the NB heat pipe sufficient enough for cooling? Haven't seen much
discussion on it. I have a side case fan blowing right on top of it,
but wanted to know if it was worth the trouble to rip it off for
something else considering i have to install several fans to rep
everything else the heat pipe is connected too... I may OC later on.
Trying to stay away from liquid this time around.

peter

High 80's ???
hopefully you mean celsius!!!

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Sherwin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone experienced their boards running hot? I have the stock cpu
> fan (not overclocking for now), but used a higher grade paste. Still
> running high 80s for some apps, I have heard some others had problems,
> but majority seemed to be fine running stock/no OC.
>
> Is the NB heat pipe sufficient enough for cooling? Haven't seen much
> discussion on it. I have a side case fan blowing right on top of it,
> but wanted to know if it was worth the trouble to rip it off for
> something else considering i have to install several fans to rep
> everything else the heat pipe is connected too... I may OC later on.
> Trying to stay away from liquid this time around.

peter

OOOPs........meant to say
Hopefully you mean Farenheit!!!

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Sherwin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone experienced their boards running hot? I have the stock cpu
> fan (not overclocking for now), but used a higher grade paste. Still
> running high 80s for some apps, I have heard some others had problems,
> but majority seemed to be fine running stock/no OC.
>
> Is the NB heat pipe sufficient enough for cooling? Haven't seen much
> discussion on it. I have a side case fan blowing right on top of it,
> but wanted to know if it was worth the trouble to rip it off for
> something else considering i have to install several fans to rep
> everything else the heat pipe is connected too... I may OC later on.
> Trying to stay away from liquid this time around.

Calling all IC7-G owners... Cooling options for Northbridge Glen Abit 6 12-01-2005 08:15 PM
Northbridge cooling Jerry Barrett Abit 3 02-22-2004 10:28 PM
A7N8X Northbridge cooling? dgk Asus 7 11-06-2003 01:28 PM
Anyone running 8K9A3+ without the Northbridge fan (i.e. having passive vooling on the northbridge) Taba Epox 2 09-06-2003 07:12 PM
Re: KG7-Raid NorthBridge Cooling Fan Greg Abit 4 08-22-2003 08:06 AM