Games Upgrade

Robin Gordon

Which is the best upgrade;
Ati x850XT PE - Nvidia 8800 GTS or GTX
or
Opteron 144 - X2 4400+

Ram is 2 Gig on a Vista 64 based System.

PCWorld are doing the 4400+ for 90GBP which is pretty good I think.
What are your opinions?

Robin

don't look

8800GTS OR GTX.

"Robin Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which is the best upgrade;
> Ati x850XT PE - Nvidia 8800 GTS or GTX
> or
> Opteron 144 - X2 4400+
>
> Ram is 2 Gig on a Vista 64 based System.
>
> PCWorld are doing the 4400+ for 90GBP which is pretty good I think.
> What are your opinions?
>
> Robin

Robin Gordon

Thanks

Robin

Cal Vanize

Robin Gordon wrote:
> Which is the best upgrade;
> Ati x850XT PE - Nvidia 8800 GTS or GTX
> or
> Opteron 144 - X2 4400+
>
> Ram is 2 Gig on a Vista 64 based System.
>
> PCWorld are doing the 4400+ for 90GBP which is pretty good I think.
> What are your opinions?
>
> Robin

The first thing I'd do is upgrade to Windows XP.

IMO, the X2 4400 is the second point of upgrade.

"Robin Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which is the best upgrade;
> Ati x850XT PE - Nvidia 8800 GTS or GTX
> or
> Opteron 144 - X2 4400+
>
> Ram is 2 Gig on a Vista 64 based System.
>
> PCWorld are doing the 4400+ for 90GBP which is pretty good I think.
> What are your opinions?
>
> Robin

If that is OEM vista, will it not throw a wobbly if you change any of those
parts? discuss!

Chri$

Robin Gordon

I'm happy enough with the 64bit version of vista. I recently had a mate
drop me around some parts to build him a new computer out of.
Part of this build was trouble-shooting the all the pieces in my PC. It
just noticed the new parts and installed the driver required for it (though
I did wonder what difference was there between my Opty 144 and the mate's
4000+).
The grafix card needed different drivers of course and switching ram didnt
cause any hassle.
I was pleasantly surprised by this.
HTH

Robin