Gateway 7110GX

kneshoba

HI
I was given a Gateway 7110GX, and when I went to turn it on the blu
power light will come on and I can here the HD turn on for a fe
seconds and then turn off and then the laptop will go through the sam
process automatically once more and then turn off. I can also see th
screen flicker, I had removed the HD and I can hear something loos
inside is what I would describe the sound. If anyone could help i
would greatly appreaciated.

Thanks.

Kneshob

--
kneshob
kneshoba's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=75

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.i

Davy

You can appreciate it's difficult say what's rattling about without an
inspection.

Was it rattling about prior to removing the hard drive... or have
you disturbed something, like accidentally knocking a Surface Mounted
Component off, or left a screw out.

Trouble if it's a metal object it could have just about shorted
anything out since metal is conductive.

If the screen flickers... it could well be the CCFL, these are the
backlight tubes (Cold Cathode Flourescent Lamp) or the inverter
modual... this steps the 12V or so up to around 1,800 Volts (1.8KV)
for the CCFLs and is a common ailment... as well as ribbon cables
becoming loose.

So really we wanna' know what's rattlin' about in there, only two
way's to find out open it up or take it in for repair, it could be
this or it could be that no one can say.

Davy

kneshoba

Thanks for the response after looking at the HD, their is a sticker tha
states : Rattle noise is normal when handled. Can not find out why i
will not boot or even go to a bios screen