Gateway is finally releasing some of their ordered computers

Lee

Well it looks like GATEWAY has solved the compatability problems that
occured when they installed VISTA and are now releasing some of their
computers. But mine is till in processing. Only 11 days so far.
Was told maybe I will get it around the 27th or so, but then that last
little line still holds, you could get it earlier, or even later. Oh
well I won't be home for a while so I guess it really does not matter.
But darn I wanted to mess with it before I left (grin)........

Lee (impatiently waiting in Florida)

chicagofan

Lee wrote:
> Well it looks like GATEWAY has solved the compatability problems that
> occured when they installed VISTA and are now releasing some of their
> computers. But mine is till in processing. Only 11 days so far.
> Was told maybe I will get it around the 27th or so, but then that last
> little line still holds, you could get it earlier, or even later. Oh
> well I won't be home for a while so I guess it really does not matter.
> But darn I wanted to mess with it before I left (grin)........
>
> Lee (impatiently waiting in Florida)

You have my sympathy, Lee. I remember that kind of anticipation... like a kid
at Christmas... come on, come on! Hope you get it soon!
bj

akers

I ordered my FX530 20 days ago. The pojected delivery date has been
moved to the 21st (23 days.) Part of the order is still in
"processing" and part in "production". I do not
see any way I will receive my new PC by the 21st. Due to the extended
delay I had to buy two new hard drives (just shy of $300) to get my 4
year old PC back up and running.

One more delay and I am going back back to building my own and
overclocking them. I built the old PC and it has been running at a
25% overclock the entire 4 years with no problems until 2 Maxtor
drives failed on the same day.